Sounds like they were on YT

rrlund

Looks like a case where somebody convinced them they needed a 6 row 20 foot combine with rear assist for 20 acres. The articulated four wheel drive tractor and 8 bottom plow will probably be next. LOL
CL ad

My brothers neighbor had a 7720 with mudhog or 4x4 on the back. I even thought about buying it but I heard he said he didn't see how we got around like we did with a 7720 without mudhog and 25 foot head. We got around when he didn't and went places he would shy away from.

A man I worked with before he retired ran a CIH 1660 combine for 70 acres.He always said he didn't need anything that big but it was cheaper, then a lot of smaller one that he wanted.

cvphoto157163.jpg

Yes Massey bought the rwa axles for the 750, 760, and early 800s to john deere.

At the same time, Deere was selling combine translission and finals to new holland

Well, there was a time in this part of NJ or across the river in Pennsylvania where a nice John Deere 4420 would sell for $20,000+ without heads and a yellow top 7720 in the same condition would sell for $10,000 or less. Guys who needed a big machine wanted 9500s or newer and guys who needed a little machine were limited in choice.

I'll put money on the "way too big" being a BS excuse.

They got it home and found out why it was so cheap. That thing is either wore slap out or has some other MAJOR problem that will cost more to fix than it's worth.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back