St Patrick’s Day

300jk

How many here do something for St Patty’s day ? We have close friends who are Irish, and they asked us to go to a parade with them tomorrow. Neither my wife or I are Irish. Not even a little bit. I think we may go just to see things and be with our friends. No green beer for me. Looks disgusting. I prefer a light amber color. Anyway it probably will be fun with maybe a corned beef and cabbage dinner after.

How many here do something for St Patty’s day ? We have close friends who are Irish, and they asked us to go to a parade with them tomorrow. Neither my wife or I are Irish. Not even a little bit. I think we may go just to see things and be with our friends. No green beer for me. Looks disgusting. I prefer a light amber color. Anyway it probably will be fun with maybe a corned beef and cabbage dinner after.
I plant potato's

While my dads side of the family is predominately German My moms side is all United Kingdom so I suppose there is some Irish in there some place probably Orange Irish though. As for beer of any kind just old dirty dishwater and cabbage is cow feed. I'll take the old SC for drinking though. Only for medicinal purposes is it used. Had a bottle for several years finally got used up so bought 2 more bottles will probably last my lifetime. . Don't do anything for ST.Pats day. Don't wear green either. Wife is part Irish.

My Mom is half Irish so it’s was always a big deal growing up. This year I will be in Mexico for it. Guess I will see if anyone there celebrates it.

Lots of Irish in both our families. Ten years ago our bank offered a tour of Ireland that included March 17, so we signed up. Every little town we went through on that day was having a big celebration and a boot sale. Some people brought several head of livestock to town and set up portable panels to form small corrals behind their stock trailer, so the critters could be seen easier.

Butch

Picked up a small corned beef and a head of cabbage to fix.

My wife and I were in Ireland on Easter Sunday a few years ago. Some very high percentage of the people were redheads, so I videoed random people and called my video my "Redheaded Review". The town where our B&B was located that we spent the night before Easter was named Hackensack, Ireland. They had a big parade on Easter including one little boy pulling his little wagon with a red chicken in a cage in the back. There was a grandstand where the judges of the parade sat. When the little boy passed by, they stopped the parade, went down off the grandstand, and asked the little boy to tell them all about his chicken.

Great fun.

March 17th will be the 20th anniversary of my mother's funeral. Sorry, not a happy day for me. I do not celebrate anything on the 17th. I might eat some corned beef and cabbage on another day because I like it, but never on the 17th.

I always cook corned beef and cabbage with a few potatoes and carrots, son will come over today, he likes it too. I cook the corned beef. Cut the potatoes in quarters, carrots in half, place in bottom of pan. Cook in 1/4" of corned beef liquid for 15 minutes, lay in cabbage slices, put corned beef on top and cook until vegetables are tender....James

While my dads side of the family is predominately German My moms side is all United Kingdom so I suppose there is some Irish in there some place probably Orange Irish though. As for beer of any kind just old dirty dishwater and cabbage is cow feed. I'll take the old SC for drinking though. Only for medicinal purposes is it used. Had a bottle for several years finally got used up so bought 2 more bottles will probably last my lifetime. . Don't do anything for ST.Pats day. Don't wear green either. Wife is part Irish.
part top or bottom

Nothing special here. I was always told I was 1/2 Irish but DNA says I as much Viking as Irish. Mostly English and Scot.

Six years ago today my sister passed away.

That being said, I never have done much on St. Pat's day. My paternal grandfather came from the Isle of Man off the west coast of England so there might be Irish somewhere in there.

I once worked with a purebred Irishman who was also former U.S. Army. Every St. Pat's day I'd wear a red USMC sweat shirt to work just to watch the reaction.

Part of Dad's family spent centuries oppressing the Irish, and, for years, I saw no reason to change that very satisfactory state of affairs :ROFLMAO:

Then I married a gal who is about 3/4 Irish. Guess who's opposing whom, now :oops:

Erin go bragh!

Part of Dad's family spent centuries oppressing the Irish, and, for years, I saw no reason to change that very satisfactory state of affairs :ROFLMAO:

Then I married a gal who is about 3/4 Irish. Guess who's opposing whom, now :oops:

Erin go bragh!
My second wife was 15/16 red haired, green eyed Irish and 1/16 Cherokee, Dunno which part could be meaner, Miss the Hell oughta that woman !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back