Started drilling today

SVcummins

Finally got started drilling . I am still discing and when i get done I’ll bring my 16 foot lz unit drills out and then we can get something done my buddys little farmall and end wheel drill are pretty slow but its a start. This has been a 2 year project nice to finally see something getting done on it . Was a good way to relax after a starting at 630 am and getting sent to purgatory for the day to work at the dry plant .
cvphoto58073.jpg

cvphoto58074.jpg

cvphoto58075.png

cvphoto58076.jpg

Moving along,, am I missing something tough it looks like you are plowing in the pics not discing,, I already have about 100 acres in winter forage wheat now that has been up for a couple weeks now,, I was waiting for some more H20 but that has not happened so i will plant the rest in a couple days anyway,, I was working the summer fallow strips here again as these have a bit of wild oat and hay barley that hailed out last year regrowth to cut off,,
cnt
cvphoto58086.jpg

cvphoto58087.jpg

this is regrowth not the winter wheat

We're needing rain here in central Kansas too. Guys are getting busy with sowing wheat but very little of it will come up until we get some moisture. The concern with waiting is that if we get weeks of wet weather following the dry spell we're in now then we may need to sow too late to get a good stand up before winter.

That was flrom when i started this project. . Its so dry here there isn’t even any regrowth coning up . That is a nice looking rig you have there. As quick as i get done here I need to get home and get my triticale drilled. How does the forage wheat compare to triticale?

this is called Willow Creek wheat it is beardless and has more left to it than I remember triticale h having but it was the 60's the last time I seen it up close,, tonnage is very good as well, I just combined what I have got last fall to get me started for seed,, its 22.00 a bushel here from the elevator to buy,, I thought I had some pics of it but cant seem to find them,,
cnt

I looked at the pictures before I read the description. A Farmall? SV must be crossing over to the dark side.

hey SV what are the specs on the endwheel drill. it looks close to what im still pulling, mine has power lift tho..

sometimes you have to slum, beg, barrow, steal equipment to get things done. Ive even been known to run a red tractor, In the dark if i have to!!

I plant Crested Wheat grass seed here,, about the only kind I really like for our needs and area, I plant it and alfalfa the same depth 2-2 1/2" deep,, this does tow things,, it is deeper so it is in the H20 more often than not all through the critical growing time frame when getting started and it will not grow until the ground temps reaches a good point so the alfalfa will get past the last freeze before coming up,

That’s exactly what i wanted to know. I to have had good luck drilling alfalfa deep i drilled grass dewp one other time and it worked good since you are a fellow dry farmer i thought i would see what you thought

I still pull jd B 16x7 drill.. I think that one is a little wider.. They are great for small parcels. I even have a Manual for mine..

Disk is an IH 37 or 370?? wow you guys need some rain, that dust is finer the flour..

There is some moisture down about a foot deep . Theres a hard pan at 8 inches deep where the tool carrier working depth was then if you dig below that there is a little collor .this drill is about 12 feet wide. Im going to take my big drill out as soon as disking is done

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back