Attachments

• 17107099821844446247325967982306.jpg
    17107099821844446247325967982306.jpg
    1,014 KB · Views: 14
  • 17107100002854442922504868679526.jpg
    17107100002854442922504868679526.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
Or it's an SHS hard to read it
That is not the generator body I expected to see for a Delco generator. From the pictures I can't identify it. Do you know that the generator is 12 volts and that it was working properly? From the looks of it I would take it to a shop that can identify, test, and repair it if needed. I would tell them I want a regulator matched to it. (Actually, I would convert it to a three-wire DR type alternator if it was mine, especially if the generator was going to need repair along with a regulator. I know that wasn't what you asked.)

Is this supposed to be this dirty?
That is the clutch cavity, so it is not unusual that it looks like that. Engine rear main weeping, transmission seal leaking, condensation, clutch friction wear, dust and dirt; that is likely years of accumulation. That area would only get cleaned when the tractor was split for a clutch or transmission repair.

That is not the generator body I expected to see for a Delco generator. From the pictures I can't identify it. Do you know that the generator is 12 volts and that it was working properly? From the looks of it I would take it to a shop that can identify, test, and repair it if needed. I would tell them I want a regulator matched to it. (Actually, I would convert it to a three-wire DR type alternator if it was mine, especially if the generator was going to need repair along with a regulator. I know that wasn't what you asked.)
So should I just order the 3 wire alternator kit?

That is the clutch cavity, so it is not unusual that it looks like that. Engine rear main weeping, transmission seal leaking, condensation, clutch friction wear, dust and dirt; that is likely years of accumulation. That area would only get cleaned when the tractor was split for a clutch or transmission repair.
Would this work?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240317_180115_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240317_180115_Samsung Internet.jpg
    482.3 KB · Views: 12
Would this work?
I told you the route I would go, but I am not spending your money. Whether you go with the alternator or repairs to the generator is your choice in the end. The generator and regulator might not cost as much to get fixed as the kit. Only a true estimate will tell that.

You might want to check with YT as that appears to be a one wire alternator. Some people prefer one wire, I have one with a one wire alternator that was on the tractor when I got it, I have not had problems with it. Either type will work and there is less wiring to understand and maintain with a one wire unit, just be sure of what you are getting before you purchase.

That kit looks like it will work. It has a couple things you likely won't need. You have a true 12-volt coil (or a coil and resistor) already, I think you said, so you won't need the ballast resistor, and the wiring included might not be just what you want as you are rewiring things anyway, but some of it may be useful, either item is not much cost of the kit. I honestly can't say beyond that on the kit. I have the tooling and skills to put my own "kit' together for the conversions I have done. I know some here have used kits from YT. I don't remember any major issues. there might have been a bit of grinding or tweaking a bracket needed. Hopefully someone here who has used one of these kits from YT will see this and let you know how it installed and worked for them.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back