Sticker shock!!

super99

In my post below about my new to me super 88 diesel, Germantowngreen post the Baldwin fuel filter number. My wife used to work at Napa and I still get her discount, so I stopped and asked if they could cross reference the number. He looked and said he couldn't but he could get the Baldwin filter, looked up the price and the thing cost $60!!! I'm thinking about getting a used filter base for the square filter and plumbing it in instead. I have a MF 550 diesel combine setting here, I might take that filter setup off and use it instead, rediculous!!!

In my post below about my new to me super 88 diesel, Germantowngreen post the Baldwin fuel filter number. My wife used to work at Napa and I still get her discount, so I stopped and asked if they could cross reference the number. He looked and said he couldn't but he could get the Baldwin filter, looked up the price and the thing cost $60!!! I'm thinking about getting a used filter base for the square filter and plumbing it in instead. I have a MF 550 diesel combine setting here, I might take that filter setup off and use it instead, rediculous!!!
Yep. It was the only version we found to use last spring.
Not cheap.
No Agco version either.
GG Wes

When the NAPA 3191 and WIX 33191 were discontinued I got some Baldwin filters BF7726 that has the same 1/4 inch pipe thread inlet/outlet as the 3191 has. That's what I use on the test stand for Ambac pumps. I would not use the MF filter as I don't think it's a low enough Micron filter to protect the PSB pump. Last I got from Zoro was 45 bucks if I recall.

Last edited:
When the NAPA 3191 and WIX 33191 were discontinued I got some Baldwin filters BF7726 that has the same 1/4 inch pipe thread inlet/outlet as the 3191 has. That's what I use on the test stand for Ambac pumps. I would not use the MF filter as I don't think it's a low enough Micron filter to protect the PSB pump. Last I got from Zoro was 45 bucks if I recall.
Not familiar with Zoro, more info please. Chris

I have an Idea,you will have to check to see if it will work. I have some new filter bases for spin on filters used on fuel pumps. If the filters will work I'll send you a base. The hose size is 3/4 so it will take some downsizing.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back