Stutters When Mowing

DrLarryE

I'm just looking for an idea of most likely possibilities and/or a place to start. I have a 9n converted to 12V with a Zenith carb. It starts easily and when I throttle up it responds nicely. If I am brush hogging, the main thing I use it for, and I go through a thick patch that causes the engine to slow down, it also responds as I think it should. When I have an issue is when I get to the end of a row and am turning around on an already mowed area (ie. fast engine speed with very little load) and I hit the long grass the engine sputters for up to 10 seconds before it returns to normal. It seems kind of weird to me that this is the only time it stutters.

Drlarrye,You could try and open your down pointing carb main fuel needle a 1/4- 1/2 turn (note) where it is at now so it can be put back if opening it up does not change things.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back