Super A Tire And Rim Question

Good evening. I recently purchased a 1948 Farmall Super A that needed 2 tires and a rim. he let me have 2 like new tires that I can put on when the bad ones get taken off. The rim is cracked and rusted so bad that it is undrivable. Both tubes were filled with fluid. All of the fluid has leaked out of the tire with the bad rim. If I replace that tire and rim is it ok if one of the tires has fluid and the other doesn't? Also, the tires on it now are 11.2x24 and the rims are 10". The tires he gave me are 9.5. I understand that 9.5 tires need a 8" rim. If I replace the original tire and rim that is cracked (11.2x24 with 10" rim) and put a 9.5 tire and 8" rim on it, is it bad to have a smaller rim and tire on one side? Thanks!!

It will make a difference as to which side the loaded tire is on. The Cub, A, Super A's are cultivision tractors. They
need the heavier wheel on the right side to balance the weight of the tractor because of the offset engine. Even the
wheel on the right side is heavier. It is a must. Good Luck.

You will like much better if both wheels and tires are the same size. If it is repaired that way
you could sell the good parts you have left over to help offset the cost.

If it were me, I wouldn't worry about
one with fluid and one without. Maybe
have plans to pump the fluid out of
the other one at some point.
As for the rim, I'd replace with same
size as the other side. If its a 10
inch, replace with 10 inch. So you
have 10 inch on both sides.
As for tires, I'd have the same size
on both sides. And I wouldn't be
afraid to put those 9 1/2s on 10 inch
rims.
Is what you Do Not want to end up with
is an 11.2 on 10 inch rim on one side,
and 9.5 on 8 inch rim on the other
side. I would not do that!

Sounds great redforlife! I think what I will do is get a 10" rim and put the 9.5" tire on it. In the near future I will replace the other tire and tube. Is there anything different you would do to put the 9.5 on the 10" rim because it is a bit undersized? Thanks!

This post was edited by Farmalllover13 on 12/28/2021 at 05:09 pm.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back