SURPRISE Birthday! (Pics and thank you!)

Ken Christopherson

Well, after two months of planning, I finally got to throw my girlfriend her surprise party. Since we live in a small townhouse, I had to improvise and set up tables in our (small) "shop". That means the tractors had to come out (oh darn, right?). Well, after grilling up several burgers (putting down four myself), and letting the food settle, everyone seemed to get a little curious about the old tractors. What better to do than to teach a few about them? Taught a few guys how to start the old A (at least the best way that I have figured out), and taught those who wanted to how to drive the tractors. Finished up taking the birthday girl for a ride around the block on grandpa's Case. Enjoy the pictures, and I hope you are all having a great and safe Memorial weekend. And THANK YOU to all of the veterans and domestic emergency personnel (past, present, and future), who fight every day to allow all of us to have great weekends like this with our loved ones!
a157993.jpg

a157994.jpg

a157995.jpg

a157996.jpg

Ken, would like to talk to you about your left over parts from your 41 project. I am looking for the rods that went down the side of the motor to open the compression releases.

I don't really have a whole lot of leftover parts - and the tractor only had a single rod on the compression release (left side). Most all parts except the electrical components were involved in partial trades for unstyled parts. It was a way for me to keep the cost of the conversion reasonable. The rods were really simple. Just some round stock with a larger diameter piece of round stock on the end, slotted to slide over the compression release with a set screw, and drilled on the other end for the rod to slide into. Another set screw to keep it in place, and that was it. A guy could make it with an angle grinder and a tap and die set. Then there was a piece of flat stock that was mounted to the dash with a single bolt that the rod slid through to sit up top. Really a simple concept - nothing that an afternoon in the garage and trip to the hardware store couldn't handle..

Ken, L@@ks like she liked the tractor ride which I'd say she'd be a "keeper". Now, time to get a JD plow hooked to your A. That's fun for sure. Nice photos too.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back