Thank you YT Support staff

J Hamilton

Since you have been hearing so much negativity about the new forums...I would like to say THANK YOU for all your hard work on this new system to keep this forum active. Myself and I'm sure many others who appreciate this new system will chime in with words of appreciation for the endless hours you have spent working on it so we can have a great place to share information about tractors. Thank you again 👍

Really appreciate that Josh. Thank you too. Every time I go to post to help someone, several of you are beating me to the punch, and giving better answers than I would have to boot.

Since you have been hearing so much negativity about the new forums...I would like to say THANK YOU for all your hard work on this new system to keep this forum active. Myself and I'm sure many others who appreciate this new system will chime in with words of appreciation for the endless hours you have spent working on it so we can have a great place to share information about tractors. Thank you again 👍
“Like” buttons are fine but nothing says it better than words “THANK YOU” so much! I am so ecstatic that I can use all the punctuation on my phone. I still find myself using cannot instead of can’t and other such things that I found I needed to work around before.
Edit: I can’t find the other post where Chris was talking about if a post went over a 100 replies something would happen to the threading. My “New Forum Format” thread is up to 85 replies, I would have never guessed it would get that high.

Last edited:
Yes A GREAT BIG THANK YOU!

I have to say, it must be very difficult not to slap some up side the head with all their negativity and whining.

Especially when several will make suggestions on how to make their experience more to their liking and it is obvious they never bother to follow any of those suggestions.

Although the change over has generated MANY lurkers to post something, lol.

Remember tho, You can please many people most of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

(Something like that)

Yes A GREAT BIG THANK YOU!

I have to say, it must be very difficult not to slap some up side the head with all their negativity and whining.

Especially when several will make suggestions on how to make their experience more to their liking and it is obvious they never bother to follow any of those suggestions.

Although the change over has generated MANY lurkers to post something, lol.

Remember tho, You can please many people most of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

(Something like that)
Thanks DoubleO7. I understand their confusion, face it with my phone anytime I want to do something.

Yeah, registrations are through the roof. Who would have thought? But now I'm thinking it's just that they are able to register now and most could not before. Doesn't explain why the number of guests checking out posts has also skyrocketed (even after ruling out bots). That had nothing to do with moving to the new software, but it sure has given an unexpected surge. This is the slowest month of the year too. There must have been way more wrong with the old system than we realized.

@cpratt - as a word of encouragement in the middle of the storm, I'll share a story from my career:

I retired from a Fortune 50 manufacturer a few years ago, and during my tenure, twice managed a complete redesign of our primary brand's product trade dress (color scheme, logo, decals, etc.). We're talking a multi-million dollar project here... and we had good reasons for making the change both times, mostly related to creeping brand dilution from copycats.

Both times, the initial reaction was almost universally, "we hate it!" But the same people that said they hated it after the first redesign, were the same ones saying they "loved it, and why'd you change a good thing?" compared to the second redesign! ;) The biggest challenge was that the iPhone was invented in-between the two redesigns, and people were able to vent to a much larger audience the second time around. I had to keep telling our social media team not to worry, it would settle down after a while, and folks would eventually "love" the new design, just like they did with the previous one they at first hated.

Sure, there will be some that bail out of YT, but think it likely that most who stalk off in a huff this week won't stay away forever.

Y'all did a great job with the transition - it's been a refreshing change and has added a huge amount of functionality to using the site and interacting with others. Good on 'ya!

@cpratt - as a word of encouragement in the middle of the storm, I'll share a story from my career:

I retired from a Fortune 50 manufacturer a few years ago, and during my tenure, twice managed a complete redesign of our primary brand's product trade dress (color scheme, logo, decals, etc.). We're talking a multi-million dollar project here... and we had good reasons for making the change both times, mostly related to creeping brand dilution from copycats.

Both times, the initial reaction was almost universally, "we hate it!" But the same people that said they hated it after the first redesign, were the same ones saying they "loved it, and why'd you change a good thing?" compared to the second redesign! ;) The biggest challenge was that the iPhone was invented in-between the two redesigns, and people were able to vent to a much larger audience the second time around. I had to keep telling our social media team not to worry, it would settle down after a while, and folks would eventually "love" the new design, just like they did with the previous one they at first hated.

Sure, there will be some that bail out of YT, but think it likely that most who stalk off in a huff this week won't stay away forever.

Y'all did a great job with the transition - it's been a refreshing change and has added a huge amount of functionality to using the site and interacting with others. Good on 'ya!
Ed, thank you very much for that. I know you are correct, but we do our best to take care of the everyone in the community. Kim talks about the community as if every single one were her's to protect, and she is the most ferocious little Mama Bear you've ever seen. It is hard if we can't make everyone happy. But speaking from the rational side, I know you're right, I hate my phone because it's not intuitive me in the way I think of that word. I couldn't live without it now and couldn't go back to my old dumb phone for anything. Thanks again for the encouraging words.

Please add my Thank You to the list of those that appreciate the time and effort you all have put into getting all us old coots through the start up.
BanNC, it means a lot coming from you. I know the difficulties you faced getting in and I'm sorry about that. Thank you.

By the way, at this point, I have to say, I am a bonafide old coot myself.

“Like” buttons are fine but nothing says it better than words “THANK YOU” so much! I am so ecstatic that I can use all the punctuation on my phone. I still find myself using cannot instead of can’t and other such things that I found I needed to work around before.
Edit: I can’t find the other post where Chris was talking about if a post went over a 100 replies something would happen to the threading. My “New Forum Format” thread is up to 85 replies, I would have never guessed it would get that high.
You save the bacon when you called out it had exceeded the maximum size (100). Statistically that number of replies has hardly ever happened in all these years. Sad we weren't talking about tractors though.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back