Taurus firearms lifetime warrenty,

Anonymous-0

It worked out OK, but it didn't start out that way. Years ago I was in Walmart, they were closing out their handguns. Bought 3, one was a Taurus 85, a 5 round 38 Special snub nose. Paid $159.00 for it. Shot it a few times and at 15 yards it it hit about a foot right and 18 inches low (fixed sights). Eventually something broke and neither the trigger or hammer worked. I kept it as an example as to why you should save your money and buy S&W, Ruger, or whatever. One day though I thought why not send it to them, see if they fix it. Aparently the only way to send a handgun in the USA is Fed X overnight, about $70.00. In the work order I said 2 problems, the trigger hammer, and the sights are not regulated to anywhere near where it shoots. When I got it back the trigger/hammer was fixed "replaced broken part", the gunsmith wrote, but didn't say what was broken. I shot it, still placed them way right and low. I was hot. Called them up, the customer service guy said it was my fault, I didn't write "Needs accuracy test", when what I had written is that it shoots about 18 inches from point of aim at 15 yards. After a rather dynamic discussion he said to send it back, I said I was not wasting anouther $70 on Fedex. He agreed to pay for it and emailed me the shipping label. It came back to me in 4 days. The gunsmith wrote "bent barrel-adgusted". Yep, that is how he spelled it, adgusted. I did not expect much. I raided my ammo closet and picked up every kind of 38 Special ammo I had then went out to the Police range. At 15 yards again I started with 158 grain semi-wadcuttters. I was hitting directly above the bull, 8-12 inches high. I switched to Remmington +P 125 GR. SJHP. I was tearing up the X ring. 20 shots at 15 yards, all could be covered by my fist. I like the gun now, hope it holds together, Taurus says it is rated for +P. My respects to Taurus, looks like they are living up to their warrenty promise.

My wife has one of those and likes it.

Sounds like they want to do the right thing.

There are other ways to ship a handgun. Just got one UPS'd to my FFL a few weeks back for 26 bucks and some change.

As far as warranty work I always call first and get them to send me a prepaid shipping label (done this with S&W, Ruger, and Taurus).

I have bought some used Taurus's and they have honored warranty on them also. Tauras gets a bad rap but I find their guns well made and what service I have asked them they do with no complaints.

Taurus and pre-S&W Thompson Center warranties are the best. T/C got me as lifetime believer when old smokepole I loaned out came back ruined by user not unloading gun.

I wrote letter explaining what happened and asked if they could rebore to .54 T/C responded with brand new .50 barrel with shipping paid. Post S/W Thompson Center I am not to thrilled with.

Be thankful it wasn't a Sears Craftsman gun. When you trying to collect on the gaurantee a series of dumb clerks followed by a "manager" would have claimed their gaurantee didn't cover it.

(quoted from post at 22:56:40 12/29/11) Be thankful it wasn't a Sears Craftsman gun. When you trying to collect on the gaurantee a series of dumb clerks followed by a "manager" would have claimed their gaurantee didn't cover it.

I've never not had sears replace a craftsman tool. I've returned some that were cut or broke and welded back together and got them replaced no problem. I had a wrench that was bent and had a handle extension welded onto it to fit a certain bolt on a piece of equipment I had, when I sold the piece of equipment I took the wrench back to sears and got a new one that I could actually use on multiple applications, never said a word about it.

Bought my wife a Taurus 25 cal.semi auto with the tip up barrel. Went to indoor range and she fired 1 magazine ok but it locked up half way through the second magazine. Dealer sent it back to the manufacture they replaced everything but the frame and grips. Needless to say when it came back we traded it for a larger cal. S&W.

I have a taurus 44mag thats been an excellent gun.I think their biggest problem is that they have had quality control problems over the years.One batch of a gun would be really good,the next bunch of the same gun wouldnt be.Seems most folks either love them or hates them depending on what bunch you get hold of.Ive heard ,couldnt say this for a fact of course, that the ones you buy at wally world and such places are not built as well internally as the ones you buy from a regular dealer,but i dont know how you could verify this without some serious testing. But i bought mine from a dealer and ive been extremly pleased with it.Of course its one of their highest end model revolvers also which may make a difference.As far as accuracy goes its as good as any ive shot,and ive only been able to shoot better groups with a colt python (which is running in good company).fit and finish is excellent on mine and its held up really well on some really tough, dirty, wet deer hunts.Ive not had any complaints but the company has had a checkered past.its nice to know they stand behind their warranties.

Wife has a 357 ported. Stainless, and wood grips. I think it's a real nice gun. Shoots as good as the rest of my S&Ws. She also got it from a dealer about 10 years ago.

Taurus wasn't the best when they first hit the market here, they upped their game and offerred the lifetime warranty to try to imptove their image. Wasn't real impressed with them when I was young and had money to spend on firearms, but I'll admit I have a Brazilan made shot gun, the company is now part of Taurus and it's a better gun than my USRA Winschester or my Mossburg shotgun, heck maybe as good as a Remington.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back