testing 8N hydraulic pump pressure

Is there any easy way to connect my hydraulic pressure gauge to the hydraulic test port on my 8N without having to drain all the fluid first and then re-fill after the gauge is connected?
I think if I were to try to connect it without draining the fluid first, it is going to make a big mess.
Just wondered if I am missing something. Thanks a lot.

(quoted from post at 20:00:37 02/29/20) Is there any easy way to connect my hydraulic pressure gauge to the hydraulic test port on my 8N without having to drain all the fluid first and then re-fill after the gauge is connected?
I think if I were to try to connect it without draining the fluid first, it is going to make a big mess.
Just wondered if I am missing something. Thanks a lot.

Just a small mess if you are quick about it. Have the adapter ready to screw in as soon as the plug is out and you will only dump a few ounces.

The test port is a tee into the lift circuit making it impossible to say if low pressure is because of a weak pump , leakage in the lift cylinder, and/or a malfunctioning pressure safety valve. Isolating the pump to test it requires some innovative thinking ad a bit of fabrication.

TOH

I'll give that a try then, Hokie. Thank you so much for all the help you have given me. I figure if the pressure measures up to spec, it probably has a bad cam follower pin, but if the pressure is too low then I've got more troubleshooting to do.

(quoted from post at 13:33:05 03/01/20) I'll give that a try then, Hokie. Thank you so much for all the help you have given me. I figure if the pressure measures up to spec, it probably has a bad cam follower pin, but if the pressure is too low then I've got more troubleshooting to do.

Reasonable assumption.

TOH

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back