That's a nifty brake. Is it just the single shoe, or does it have fingers? It looks like it could do 10 ga. all day long.

Staff compass made around 1825 and a 66 foot Gunter chain used for surveying. I believe the compass was made in New York City. I have documents showing it was used by the County Surveyor in Randolph County Alabama in the 1850’s.

Staff compass made around 1825 and a 66 foot Gunter chain used for surveying. I believe the compass was made in New York City. I have documents showing it was used by the County Surveyor in Randolph County Alabama in the 1850’s.
That beats my level. (though mine has a family connection. need images! Jim

This socket from a watchmakers shop, wink.
20240407_194836.jpg
20240407_194842.jpg

That beats my level. (though mine has a family connection. need images! Jim
The map behind the compass is an 18”x24” copy of a U.S. Government survey of a township in Alabama that was completed in 1832.
The next drawing is a picture of the original plat or map of a survey made in the early 1850’s by the surveyor that owned this compass. I have several old surveying instruments that were made around 1900 and were used by Dixie Construction Company. Dixie Construction later became a part of Alabama Power Company.

Attachments

• IMG_1747.jpeg
    IMG_1747.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1748.jpeg
    IMG_1748.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 20
I’ve got a Snap-on Versatorq digital torque reader set. I have the 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, and 3/4 sensors so everything from 2 oz-in up to 600 lb-ft is covered.
I don’t break it out often, but it is really handy occasionally to supplement all my regular clicker or dial torque wrenches.
Not my picture, but mine looks exactly like this one on eBay.

Attachments

• IMG_1524.jpeg
    IMG_1524.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
Every once in a while a few friends of mine will have a "Tool War". We start naming factory made tools we have that we think no one else has. Last man standing, wins. My winning tool is a Ridgid 4" pipe threader. What tool do you have that no one else has?
Not an uncommon tool but this greenfield (s) tap and die set I picked up at a farm sale a couple of years ago is somewhat unique. It is, however, missing the smaller 1/4" and 5/16" taps and dies and the smaller handle. The 5/8" die is broken. This is labeled as a 9 piece NC set and $24.00 is printed on the label. I have an original craftsmans smaller set that I bought in the 1960's that has been very useful over the years and also very reliable. It only goes to 1/2" but has NC and NF taps and dies. Don't use tap and dies very often, but they are reliable when needed.

Attachments

• IMG_2577.JPG
    IMG_2577.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 11
Every once in a while a few friends of mine will have a "Tool War". We start naming factory made tools we have that we think no one else has. Last man standing, wins. My winning tool is a Ridgid 4" pipe threader. What tool do you have that no one else has?
1/4 din knockout

Attachments

• din.jpg
    din.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 13

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back