Tractor tire filling

Can you mix windshield washer fluid with water if so what would measurements be just wondering want to keep expense down
You can use washer fluid; it is lighter than a calcium mix per gallon. Mixing water with washer fluid raises the freezing point, so depending on where you are located that could let the tires freeze in cold weather if you mix it. Most would use straight windshield washer fluid, usually good for -15 to 20 below zero for most brands sold here in Maine. It would be hard to say how much water a given brand could stand; you would have to look and see if the manufacturer for the brand you are looking at gives any mix info.

Can you mix windshield washer fluid with water if so what would measurements be just wondering want to keep expense down
That is a yes no or maybe thing. Depending on where you live is if it is one of those 3. Where I am in Missouri I will only use it straight out of the jug and NEVER mix it since I know if mixed with water it would freeze here in MO

Use some methanol. Cheaper and you can mix it to about 25% water and it won't freeze. Same thing as windshield washer fluid anyway.

When I filled the tires on my 8n, I got a 55 gal. drum of washer fluid from the local auto parts. I used it (27.5 gal.) + about 5 gal. of water in each tire. I wouldn't mix any more for my area. So far (10+ years) no freezing.
IMG_0961.JPG

Use some methanol. Cheaper and you can mix it to about 25% water and it won't freeze. Same thing as windshield washer fluid anyway.
I have checked price of methanol on ebay like 20 plus gallon where can you buy also other places 800 some for 55 gallon drum

I have a friend that buys bulk antifreeze from the salvage yard @$1 a gallon. Fills the tires with that instead. From an environmental perspective I'd rather use beat juice.

You say napa sells for 135 for 55 gallon
That is the price I see here in Maine doing an online search. I have no reason to call them and confirm the price and it might not be the same at your NAPA. You should contact your local NAPA to see what the price is near you, eliminate guessing.

That is the price I see here in Maine doing an online search. I have no reason to call them and confirm the price and it might not be the same at your NAPA. You should contact your local NAPA to see what the price is near you, eliminate guessing.
Thanks

Any tire shop that does tractor tires and fluids in the tires should have it but it isn't cheap
I don't know about any beet juice besides Rim Guard, but not all tire shops are Rim Guard dealers. I thought about using it once, but between price and travel to an authorized dealer it was not worth it. I can say now but at the time I believe Rim Guard required a dealer to have a large storage (like 1000 gallon plus tank), and some other things, they couldn't just buy a couple barrels of it. There are some other less corrosive options, than calcium, I don't remember the names of. I have stayed with Calcium and pay attention to any wetness that shows up, which is not very often.

Edited to clarify meaning.

Last edited:

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back