Trouble hooking up

Jmunden

New User
Hey everyone. So before my pap passed away he obtained two ford tractors and two 2 bottom plows. One is a Dearborn and the other just has ford on it. Anyways, the Dearborn is the one Ive been trying to use. The model is 10-152. However, I am having a difficult time hooking the 3 point hitch up. It always seems that the attaching arms is either too short too long when I get one of the arms on. Then the top link is too long. Another issue Ive run into is I cant get the stabilizer arm to fit on the left side (as if youre sitting) as the pin isnt long enough and I can only fit the lift arm. Ill try to add pictures when I can. The tractor Im using is a Ford 860.

Do not use the stabilizer arms with a plow.
If your top link won't adjust, you'll probably have to replace it. Males it easier to hitch up, and it will need to be adjusted to get the plow to cut properly.

So just use the lift arms then? Ok, that would make things a little easier. Problem is things dont line up quite right. I was looking into to getting a shorter top link but I want to get the two arms to link up right before I do it.

(quoted from post at 16:19:16 06/04/23) So just use the lift arms then? Ok, that would make things a little easier. Problem is things dont line up quite right. I was looking into to getting a shorter top link but I want to get the two arms to link up right before I do it.

For a plow, just hook up the lower arms and the top link. The top link should be adjustable to change the length for the particular implement that you're using. If yours is not adjustable, get one that is.

My Ford plow is the same way. Stabilizer bar will not hook to the left side. Only time I use the stabilizer bar on the other side is during transport. See if you can find a manual online for your plow. Might be a way to shift it to the side on the cross bar. And your top link length should be adjustable but they do come in various lengths.

The top link was just a tad too short. But I think its because I couldnt get the two side arms lined up right and hooked up. I think once I get the two arms sorted out the top one should line up. Least thats what Im hoping.

There is a a Ford advertising video made when the Jubilee came out that shows how to mount a plow while sitting on the seat. If the tractor and plow are both on level ground, with practice YOU can do it. 1. back straight into the hitch points, setting height with the quadrant, so that the LEFT lower arm slips onto the left pin of the plow. 2. reach back with your right arm and adjust the leveling box to the correct height and slip the right lower link onto the plow pin. 3. lower the top link to the mount point on the plow, adjusting to near correct length. 4. Dismount from the tractor and install lynch pins, and top link pin. 5. adjust top link for proper level.

My 3pt arms seem to be twisted just a little. I have the same problem getting both the arm and the stablizer on with a standard pin. I use a screwdriver instead.

It is adjustable but depending on thing match up, its either too
long (even with being adjusted to its shortest length) or too
short (even when being adjusted to max length). Its not by
much either. Maybe less than an inch off, at best. I think itll be
fine if I can just get the arms on correctly.

(quoted from post at 09:31:10 06/06/23) It is adjustable but depending on thing match up, its either too

Possibly the arms have been swapped.

(quoted from post at 09:31:10 06/06/23) It is adjustable but depending on thing match up, its either too

The arms should turn inward and down slightly at the ends, if mounted peoperly

Hey everyone. So before my pap passed away he obtained two ford tractors and two 2 bottom plows. One is a Dearborn and the other just has ford on it. Anyways, the Dearborn is the one Ive been trying to use. The model is 10-152. However, I am having a difficult time hooking the 3 point hitch up. It always seems that the attaching arms is either too short too long when I get one of the arms on. Then the top link is too long. Another issue Ive run into is I cant get the stabilizer arm to fit on the left side (as if youre sitting) as the pin isnt long enough and I can only fit the lift arm. Ill try to add pictures when I can. The tractor Im using is a Ford 860.
So I never got to respond back to this. But I thank everyone for all the help! It worked and I had it on in about 5 minutes haha

There is a a Ford advertising video made when the Jubilee came out that shows how to mount a plow while sitting on the seat. If the tractor and plow are both on level ground, with practice YOU can do it. 1. back straight into the hitch points, setting height with the quadrant, so that the LEFT lower arm slips onto the left pin of the plow. 2. reach back with your right arm and adjust the leveling box to the correct height and slip the right lower link onto the plow pin. 3. lower the top link to the mount point on the plow, adjusting to near correct length. 4. Dismount from the tractor and install lynch pins, and top link pin. 5. adjust top link for proper level.
Ha maybe if I was still that flexable!!!!!

Ha maybe if I was still that flexable!!!!!
After seeing the video I had to give it a try and it worked, though level ground was absolutely necessary. HOWEVER, that was probably around 6-8 years ago, and now at age 75, I doubt it.

After seeing the video I had to give it a try and it worked, though level ground was absolutely necessary. HOWEVER, that was probably around 6-8 years ago, and now at age 75, I doubt it.
Yep, same age here, a lot has changed in the last few years!!

that's why I love the "flexible link ends" on my '73 4000. You just back up until things are close, they pull the rings to release the ends and pop them onto the pins. Once everything is hooked up you just back the tractor up a couple of inches until the ends click back in place.

I use a 503 three point rake on my 2000. Backing into a hitch takes a lot of practice. 20 years of it and I still have trouble, and sometimes get it on the first try and I can get the links hooked up from the seat. Once I get the level and pitch right I leave it alone till the hay is done.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back