U road maintenance machine - any ideas?

MM ZAck

I picked up this MM U road maintenance machine over the weekend in Spokane, WA. The guy we bought it from said it had conveyors on both sides, auger at the back and a hopper at the front for distributing crushed gravel on a road surface. The process is "chip sealing" where they put down a layer of oil and then fine rock on top to re-seal the road surface. The tractor's serial number tag is missing, as is the engine tag. It has a direction reverser and wheels like a UTI. The rear axle housings are really long and the overall width of the rear is 102" to the outside. The engine is a 283 by the block castings and it has 4210 heads. I'm guessing it was built in the early to mid 50s because the transmission casting is 10A3946.

Anybody seen a machine like this or have any information about it?

Thanks,

Zack
a11272.jpg

A construction company near here used to have one of these years ago. Not sure what happened to it. I remember it was a bearcat to work on. The description sounds about right. The one we worked on at the local MM dealer had a trough across the front. A truck would back up to it and dump chat into it, the tractor pushed the truck until it was empty. A set of augers/conveyors (can't remember) ran down each side to deliver the chat to the spreader box on the rear. The machine gave a lot of trouble, the company didn't own a grease gun or hire anyone that could speak English, had a drivers license or was sober enough to see the end of the hood. They did pound a stick into the hole when they lost the dipstick.

This is a picture of my Tampo Road Roller. It has an M5 power unit on it.
a11284.jpg

I'm getting dizzy just looking at that!! ha...

Reminds me of that kids story about the push-me-pull-you!

Howard

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back