Universal/UTB -1010DT good or bad?

Beleiver69

New User
Hey there,

Does anyone know anything about these units? They got a 3pt hitch and decent horsepower. Looking at buying one. Just not sure if romanian tractors are any good. Im not brand loyal what so ever.

1000012434.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240518_051459_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240518_051459_Facebook.jpg
    680.1 KB · Views: 37
We had a 775? at one time. 4 cyl/75 hp Was a decent tractor for what it was. Only major issue I recall was with the front planetaries, but those were different than the tractor pictured. I would be concerned about where to get parts today.

Believer, welcome to YT! What do you intend to do with the tractor? If you intend to do actual farm work with it that is somewhat time critical (like planting your crop within a certain date window) and you only have this tractor to rely on I would say don’t buy this tractor. If you need a tractor to rely on I would strongly suggest that you purchase a name brand tractor with local dealer support and a more plentiful parts availability. For me I would expect to pay about half price for it compared to what a name brand tractor of the same hp, hours of use and age would cost. Just because of the greater degree of difficulty to obtain parts and no dealer support. And I would also have a plan B to fall back on to do the work this tractor would be doing if it broke down and I was waiting several weeks for parts to come in from Tim-buc-too etc.

Ohh ok. Yeah ive heard they are decent. Not to sure about this one having planetaries. Im gunna call around and see if i can. There is a pentagon dealers up here in Alberta, Canada. They have quite the selection.

Thanks for the welcome used red! I planned on using it for ranching. Bales and multipurpose tilling, baling. I wont be really grain farming. Just livestock for this guy. Its goin for about 14k and name brands go for 40-100k so that makes sense. I got a little ford 5000 with a FEL that can always move bales too.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back