Update on 3910 not starting

I was having trouble with it starting and noticed the timing had changed. Well this one has the triangle gasket holding the pump on and I guess it let the pump slip all the way in one direction. I had just put the pump on it after just having it rebuilt hope this might help someone else

I was having trouble with it starting and noticed the timing had changed. Well this one has the triangle gasket holding the pump on and I guess it let the pump slip all the way in one direction. I had just put the pump on it after just having it rebuilt hope this might help someone else
Ford engines don't use that gasket like Cummins and Perkins engines do. You SHOULD have an O ring that seals the injection pump to the timing gear case. If the stud nuts are tight, pump will never move with either the gasket or O ring.

Ford engines don't use that gasket like Cummins and Perkins engines do. You SHOULD have an O ring that seals the injection pump to the timing gear case. If the stud nuts are tight, pump will never move with either the gasket or O ring.
That's what I thought should be a o ring but that's what the diesel shop give me when they rebuilt the pump

Some of the aftermarket pumps don’t have the grove for a o-ring, but if it’s there I use the o-ring instead of the gasket that comes in every gasket set

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back