vanguard twin 16 hp

Anonymous-0

Does any one have the wiring diagram for a 16 hp Vanguard twin? I think I know, but I'm not sure.. single red wire, coming from what appears to be a solid state voltage regulator on the the side of the engine should be tied into the positive side of my battery, to charge, right? (through the key switch). But, then there are two more wires, one that goes to an insulated stud on the side of the engine, between the fuel pump and the regulator (?) and a gray wire that goes up under the cowling... is the single wire going under the cowling the ignition wire, and should it be "hot" to run and the single wire on side, what is it for? Is IT the ignition wire, or is it a "kill wire" that grounds out the ignition system? any help would be appreciated...thanks

The insulated stud is the ignition "kill" terminal. NEVER put battery power to this.

Could the other wire go to a fuel cutoff solenoid on the carburetor?

There should be a wire, red, going to the carb fuel solenoid and a red wire coming from the voltage regultor. These should be connected together and run through your key switch to +12Volts in run mode. The kill terminal as Bob said, should be switched to ground when your switch is in off position. Otherwise, don't apply voltage to that terminal.

thanks bob and treeman... wires were as you said they would be. I was given an old simplicity mower w/ major mouse vs wire problems... I took my wire cutters and took out EVERYTHING... started fresh, and against all good sense, by passed and removed every stupid "protect us form ourselves" switch on the thing.. 5 of them, actually... and now it runs and starts wonderfully... just can't let the kids on it... but I'm generally careful enough to not kill myself with it. I hate to admit it, but I like it better than my Deere.... the deck is a breeze to take off.. about 2 minutes, tops....and goes on just as easy.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back