Voltage Regulator for TEA 20-85. Where can I locate one?

Post one if you can, however if you can't see a stamped letter on the generator, or tell if one post is larger than the other, with it in hand I don't know that I will be able to tell in a picture, but I will look.
One wire is obviously large than the other so I will assume that is the D terminal

One wire is obviously large than the other so I will assume that is the D terminal
Lucas called generators "Dynamos" so the D was used where we are used to seeing A for armature or G for generator on Delco or Ford/Prestolite/Autolite generator output terminals. On the Lucas generator the D terminal should be the larger diameter terminal stud of the generator and would have the heavier gauge wire connected to it.

All seems to be working well now that the new regulator is installed. Found it much easier to disconnect all wires and remove the entire unit that install unit and then connect wires. Even replaced the two wires that wen to the generator as they were cracking. Could not locate new bullet connectors so had to reuse the old ones. Would like to locate new ones at some point. Thanks to all for the assistance and tolerating my inexperience.

All seems to be working well now that the new regulator is installed. Found it much easier to disconnect all wires and remove the entire unit that install unit and then connect wires. Even replaced the two wires that wen to the generator as they were cracking. Could not locate new bullet connectors so had to reuse the old ones. Would like to locate new ones at some point. Thanks to all for the assistance and tolerating my inexperience.
Good to hear.

Post a picture of the connectors you need and maybe a couple dimensions. Someone might have an idea of where to find some of them.

Good to hear.

Post a picture of the connectors you need and maybe a couple dimensions. Someone might have an idea of where to find some of them.
They are now in the regulator. They do not look like the ones on the site where i got the voltage regulator. They were cone shaped with one end flared. I had to push the wire in and bend over the wire at the small end to make the wire stay in. They are not copper so soldering would not have worked I think

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back