wc hand brake conversion

JIM HAUSER

New User
HI,IM LOOKING TO PUT FOOT BRAKES ON MY WC.DOES ANYONE HAVE INFO ON WHERE I MAY FIND ONE,OR SOME INFO ON BUILDING THEM.
THANKS,JIM

Hope you have reasons for doing this. Originality of a WC's Hand Brakes would make it my main reason for collecting,otherwise I would trade it for a WD and then you would have OE Foot Brakes.

If you keep your eye on eBay and post around some other forums and want ads, you might find a set of aftermarket ones. I've seen a few sets for sale over the years.
Aaron SEIA

The basic idea is to install a cross shaft, either bove (most likely) or below the tractor side frames, forward of the rear axle, and use a connecting linkage to PUSH against the original hand levers. The pedal for the right wheel would pivot on that shaft, while the left pedal (to the right of the steering wheel) would be solidly attached to the shaft, transmitting push to the left side of the tractor.
The cross shaft cannot interfere with the clutch pedal or linkage.

Simplicity of building and durability. When I think back about how we used to use tractors around here I think it was a well thought idea. The main use of the brakes were to help make sharp turn and to keep tractor from rolling when not in use. I think foot brakes are an improvement but the hand brakes worked pretty good for rheir day.

Simplicity of building and durability. When I think back about how we used to use tractors around here I think it was a well thought idea. The main use of the brakes were to help make sharp turn and to keep tractor from rolling when not in use. I think foot brakes are an improvement but the hand brakes worked pretty good for their day.

If you can wait till warm weather, I think I got some at a sale a few years back. to cold to dig right now, and stuff has to be moved outside in order to dig.

hey Jim. if you find more than one set let me know
They're great for pulling tractors both on the track and for loading
Sometimes you don't have enough hands to do everything when you're pulling

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back