wd allis questions

Anonymous-0

Ok so I bought a junkyard wd to build into a cheap pulling tractor gave 700.00 for it not running but all I needed was a battery and some fresh gas and it started right up I had to a few minor repairs which involved building up the left rear axle where someone let the bearing get bad and they kept going so you guess what happened ok well its got a problem not major just annoying ok well it has a noise that sounds like the throw out bearing is bad but its not and I have readjusted the clutch rod to the right specs but it still does it ok if you press the clutch pedal down it stops when u engage the clutch it starts doing it again what could this be? I figured it was either something in the hydraulics or the pto
but since its inside the tractor and in that area im not sure and im definetly not an allis mechanic any
thoughts?? O yeah alot of you probably think im crazy for buying this thing but I dropped the oil pan and it has and
overbore kit with aluminum pistons with no ring groove at
all I hooked it for the first time last saturday pulled 219 feet in 4500 and spun out good enough for third not bad for a tractor that I have a little over 900 buck in if anyone would like to see pics let me know I will post em thanks

Bearing where the input shaft goes into transmission? Cam followers on Hydraulic pump? Just a couple of possibilities.

Could also just be the hyd pump rattling. If the lever drifts up or for some reason the pump is stuck it'll rattle and sound like a bad bearing.
AaronSEIA

i would bet its the hydraulic pump too. just make sure the lift lever is down and make sure you have it full of hyd. oil.

I pulled the pump off and put a steel plate in its place it had a piston stuck so the cam was just nicking the roller now it sounds great I didnt need the hydraulics and I got rid of some weight so it was a win win situation! Anybody need a pump for parts?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back