Well guys, I'm still alive

Adirondack case guy

Got way too much to get done and soo far behind at getting it done. My cancer treatments went very well, and when I finished them on July 7th. I was ready to cut a fat hog in the butt, but my heart had other plans. Haveing a rough time controlling blood pressure. It goes from way too high, to barely any.
Anyway I have a lot to get done. #ONE get my firewood supply cut and stored away. I have got my wood cutting equipment pretty well mechanized now so there is not a lot of bullwork involved.
The wifey has been flat out with the garden harvest, canning and freezing our winters vegie supply.
The end of Aug. the wifey and I celebrated our 49th wedding aniversery. We sort of gave each other a present. (lumber and steel to put a roof and sides over our rear patio).= more work, HeHe, but we have both really enjoyed the patio and fireplace all summer. Cooked our supper most every night over the wood fire, and kicked back to bedtime. That's why you haven't seen many posts from me.
The woodshed is filling up, just 2 more big trailer loads and it will be full. Going up to the woods and split and load another tomarrow. I have to take frequent breathers so it takes me most of the day to make a load.
I dug our spuds yesterday, and got them stored away in the pantry, and the wife has the freezer and pantry shelves loaded with everything from asparagus to pickles and squash.
It is supposed to get in the 80s again the rest of the week. Hopeing to have the wood done, and the garden wrapped up by Sunday night. Then I can get back to finishing the patio enclosure.
We did take a couple days off this month. Went to the fair one day with some longtime friends and former customers. We are all getting old and can't walk too far without resting. Went to the Central NY Farm Progress Show Sat. That pooped me out good. Went up to the woods this afternoon and skidded out some more logs and tops to the landing, after going to the clinic to have blood samples taken this morning.
Pics are from the last couple weeks. The 400 was a 4H project done by the grandkids of one of our very good customers.
Loren
PS- Thanks so much to all who have called and/or expressed consern about my health. I'm hanging in here, but have had to make a lot of lifestyle changes. The bull that I used to be is a whimp now !!!!
a200938.jpg

a200939.jpg

a200940.jpg

a200941.jpg

a200942.jpg

a200943.jpg

a200947.jpg

a200948.jpg

a200950.jpg

a200951.jpg

a200952.jpg

a200953.jpg

a200954.jpg

a200955.jpg

I was reflecting as I paroozed the pics that you took Loren. The pics remind me of you. AGELESS!. Thanks for Posting Loren. Chuck

We are all praying for your health Loren. Good to see you are able to get a few things done and enjoy yourself. Hopefully the worst is behind you.
God Bless, Nick

Loren it is great to hear you are doing well and able to get back to doing what you like to do and what we like to see you do. Always enjoy those pics and projects. Keep them coming. I have started to cut a little wood for the winter but for the most part that fun will wait until after harvest. Rod

I am glad you're up and about. Aging is no fun, as a cancer survivor and with 3 heart attacks behind me,I understand taking a day to do a load.Love your splitter to conveyor to truck set up. I had a Lickity splitter and refurbished coal conveyor,set up to load my 47 Dodge dumptruck before I moved to OK. So you're making me homesick. Any way love your setup and the professional stacking job :) .Keep pushing.
Mr Bill

Hello Loren,

It's good to hear from you again! The years and years of hard work are catching up to all of us it seems. My WWII veteran and dear neighbor Leo used to say, "My get-up-and-go got up and went." Now I understand what he was talking about. I'm always amazed by the amount of wood you put up. It makes me tired just looking at the stacks. Here's to your continued recovery. Don

Hi Loren;

Glad you are doing so well. I like to keep some of my things private but I pray every day for you.

Charley gold medal winner and world champion power lifter. Holder of seven world records and those are also national records in the RAW Powerlifting Federation.

Good to see you posting again! I miss all the pics from you. Thanks for the call the other day too, was a nice chat.

Looks like your doing just fine, glad everything went good, yes you got a little behind, but you still further ahead then me, my potatoes are still in the ground, no wood cut, still lots to can,,,,,,, Loren, your still ahead

hope all goes well for you for many years to come. I know you have sent me emails on questions in the past bailing me out on different occasions. thanks for that and good luck

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back