gmccool
Well-known Member
- Location
- Minden Iowa
Why is when I read a post and then go back maybe a couple hours later it is still Highlighted as a New Post as if I never read it. What am I doing wrong. Thanks Gerald
I wonder the same thing.Why is when I read a post and then go back maybe a couple hours later it is still Highlighted as a New Post as if I never read it. What am I doing wrong. Thanks Gerald
In what manner are you "going back"? It makes a difference.Why is when I read a post and then go back maybe a couple hours later it is still Highlighted as a New Post as if I never read it. What am I doing wrong. Thanks Gerald
What I have found using the phone is you need to swipe up all the way to the bottom of the page before you hit the back button. That will reset the (new) until someone else comments. Move to another category and when you come back it will be gone. It's irritating but it works.I wonder the same thing.
Also depends on your browser settings. They can be set to hold the last view of the page for faster loading, but since it was the page that had new on it, it'll still say new. If you refresh the page then the new will go away, unless somebody has responded between the time you left the page and refreshed it.Why is when I read a post and then go back maybe a couple hours later it is still Highlighted as a New Post as if I never read it. What am I doing wrong. Thanks Gerald
Hit your browser's Refresh button.Why is when I read a post and then go back maybe a couple hours later it is still Highlighted as a New Post as if I never read it. What am I doing wrong. Thanks Gerald
Most of the time, that just means someone commented on that thread again, while you were away. When I'm done reading through one of the forums for a while, I go up to the top and "mark read" the whole forum. That way, when I return, I know everything that is bold is new since I left. If you want to follow a thread that you have commented on, just go to your "handle" at the top, and press "your content". steveWhy is when I read a post and then go back maybe a couple hours later it is still Highlighted as a New Post as if I never read it. What am I doing wrong. Thanks Gerald
I wonder the same thing.
Where is my browser's reset button????Hit your browser's Refresh button.
Refresh not resetWhere is my browser's reset button????
The above is true also, I missed the "away a couple hours" notation.Most of the time, that just means someone commented on that thread again, while you were away. When I'm done reading through one of the forums for a while, I go up to the top and "mark read" the whole forum. That way, when I return, I know everything that is bold is new since I left. If you want to follow a thread that you have commented on, just go to your "handle" at the top, and press "your content". steve
Which part might that be?All way too deep for me!
After swiping to the bottom of the top, you could instead hit the "Tractor & Farm Talk" breadcrumb.What I have found using the phone is you need to swipe up all the way to the bottom of the page before you hit the back button. That will reset the (new) until someone else comments. Move to another category and when you come back it will be gone. It's irritating but it works.
Thanks Refresh not ResetRefresh not reset
Upper left 270° circle with arrow on one end.I
On a PC, laptop, tablet.
Elsewhere on a phone
If you use the correct upper "forum link" to return to a forum - thus marking that thread as "read" (NOT using the "back" arrow at the bottom of screen)...Why is when I read a post and then go back maybe a couple hours later it is still Highlighted as a New Post as if I never read it. What am I doing wrong. Thanks Gerald
Not recommendedHit your browser's Refresh button.
Too deep for me too Teddy. The more of these kinds of questions that are asked the more I prefer the old forum ... but to be honest, the new one is fine ..... different a bit but still fine.All way too deep for me!
If you use the correct upper "forum link" to return to a forum - thus marking that thread as "read" (NOT using the "back" arrow at the bottom of screen)...
Still each and every reply to a thread, will cause the "NEW" to reappear, so the thread once again appears bold/unread, as well as making that thread "bubble-up" to the top.
Not a fan of that "bubble-up" effect, myself... but it is what it is, I guess.
We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.
Copyright © 1997-2025 Yesterday's Tractor Co.
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.
Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters
Website Accessibility Policy