What am I doing wrong???

You can change that now to prevent the "bubble up" via Preference settings. Doing so will always show the threads in chronological order. And stay that way until you change it back. Even if you log out and come back next week.

But when a new post is added after the thread falls off the first page of threads, you will not know if a new post has been made to that thread.
Unless you go to subsequent pages looking for it.

View attachment 3803
Thank you for the information, 007.

After swiping to the bottom of the top, you could instead hit the "Tractor & Farm Talk" breadcrumb.
Then no need to refresh.
The problem with using the breadcrumb is when you are through reading the posts and want to go to another category you have to keep hitting the back button through every post you looked at. There are no breadcrumbs to change categories. Computer may be different? It's much easier just to swipe to the bottom of the page and then hit the back button.

Why is when I read a post and then go back maybe a couple hours later it is still Highlighted as a New Post as if I never read it. What am I doing wrong. Thanks Gerald
When a thread receives new replies, it shows up highlighted with the "New" flag next to it.

Apparently there is a setting now to make it so the posts are sorted by the original posting date, which is how Classic did it. So even if there are new replies added, you will never notice because the thread is buried 7 pages down, just like in Classic.

Why is when I read a post and then go back maybe a couple hours later it is still Highlighted as a New Post as if I never read it. What am I doing wrong. Thanks Gerald
I think that your issue is commonly referred to as a "First World Problem". I am most glad that you have the time to notice such trivia. Others less fortunate tend to get bogged down with the general true struggles of life, and or, the quest to at least partly better mankind in any real way. Rock On!

When a thread receives new replies, it shows up highlighted with the "New" flag next to it.

Apparently there is a setting now to make it so the posts are sorted by the original posting date, which is how Classic did it. So even if there are new replies added, you will never notice because the thread is buried 7 pages down, just like in Classic.

Boggles my mind why anyone would think that is a good idea.

The problem with using the breadcrumb is when you are through reading the posts and want to go to another category you have to keep hitting the back button through every post you looked at. There are no breadcrumbs to change categories. Computer may be different? It's much easier just to swipe to the bottom of the page and then hit the back button.

There actually is a breadcrumb.
After reading all the threads in say TFT and you want to go back to the full list of catagories, the breadcrumb "General" is near the top and another is near the bottom of the threads you want to back out of.
One click and you are back to the categories no matter how deep into a category or thread.

I think that your issue is commonly referred to as a "First World Problem". I am most glad that you have the time to notice such trivia. Others less fortunate tend to get bogged down with the general true struggles of life, and or, the quest to at least partly better mankind in any real way. Rock On!
Eric ..... I assume that you are one of those bogged down with the struggles of life and maybe you even better mankind with your daily rituals. Congratulations and good for you ...... perhaps you could ask the site moderators for a little tin badge. It never hurts to ask ..... LOL !!!

There actually is a breadcrumb.
After reading all the threads in say TFT and you want to go back to the full list of catagories, the breadcrumb "General" is near the top and another is near the bottom of the threads you want to back out of.
One click and you are back to the categories no matter how deep into a category or thread.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back