What did you accomplish today?

Fatjay

I wanted to start a post where people can post their daily accomplishments, be it tractor related or not.

Today I went at clearing brush again, cleared 3 tree's, and got my ferguson stuck while grading. I forgot I had dumped an old rain barrel there, and the front wheel sunk up to the axle. Tree's behind me, I couldn't go backward or forward. I took my oliver over and put a lift strap around the axle and lifted it strait up, then filled some dirt, and put a 2"x6" under it. Of course then it wouldn't start, so I just tarped it right as it started to rain. Not sure how I'd have gotten it unstuck without the oliver, it's supposed to rain for the next 3 days strait.

Em1Xmxo.png

JtGXXcF.png

Actually looking at this picture, I noticed my tire pressure may be a bit low on the oliver. It does have the full weight of the ferguson on it though. I checked afterwards and it is sitting normal.

TLc7Fpu.png

My "helpers" staying clear in case something falls.

CTB5Uto.png

And the area is looking much cleaner. Hopefully the rain will make the dirt settle so I can see how much dirt I need to add to level it off.

ctMiVRN.png

I cut the last 22 acres of hay. It's not supposed to rain again until Monday. I don't know if that's enough time of not as heavy as it was.

I unloaded bentonite in two different
places this morning. Then hauled a load of
distillers to our best customer near Sioux
Falls, completing a 4 day run with the
truck. Got home to find that Merle was even
happier than I was to be home. We went on a
little road trip around the area with his
head out the window about 95% of the time.
Bonding time with him, and now Dad. Good
day.

Fooled in the day between rain drops , building a concrete form 10'x10'x10" to stand my old bulk feed tank
on. I guess if I had thought this thing through better, I would have torn down the little lean-to shed that
used to stand here, before the new bin came . And the old bin would have been craned off one pad , and on to
the other. But that plan had not been developed yet. This is what happens when "all plans are subject to
change without notice" is your motto. Did do one other very minor thing today. I had a tool tote that goes in
the truck box, it was in a old Ford pick-up that my oldest son wrote off for me years ago. I didn't send it
to the wreckers with the truck,just hung on to it. you no some day!! Well some day has arrived, it cleaned up
nice and will fit in the box of my new Dodge pick-up . Some times that stuff we hang on to isnt junk after
all. Bruce

Converted my old hog pen into a turkey pen.
It doesn't look like I'll be raising hogs again. My kids had them in 4-H. My youngest is 35.
I was just eating supper and Goggling turkey predator's.
I think I'm going out and add some more chicken wire to help coon proof it.

Had 1600 pullets loaded by 0700 and spent the rest of the morning getting the barn ready to power wash. One more load tomorrow and the barn will be empty and I am done with this turn. This afternoon I dinked around the house and played with the kids, the daughter can hola hoop for 2m 45s, the older boy can only last 38s, but then they played HORSE with the basketball and she lost before he got to R.

Nate

Drove 60 miles to an auction to buy a 4x4 loader tractor.I had the last bid and still didn't get it.When the bidding stopped I held up my number,the auctioneer told the clerk to put the tractor on number 120 which was not my number.Guess it was another air bidder. That's happened to me twice this year.

Noticed the frame my seat bolts to on my Troybilt garden tractor had cracked so I removed it, ground the paint away from around the cracks and took it next door to my buddy (we're both pipewelders) and he heliarced it up so I ground where it needed, painted it, let it dry. When I tried to install it back on the tractor one of the shoulder bolts was stripped so I had to go this AM to find a couple. Its back on, finished up the mowing in the back, then took the blades off and wire wheeled, sharpened them and sprayed MoDeck on them and installed them. Had a coupla large tree limbs come down in the storm Mon nite, and just pulled one of them (large piece) down.

Turned 10 acres alfalfa and cultivated the last time through of 40 acres of organic corn. Still have to go out to shop and put a screw in the pin hole of the sprayer tank. It has about 60 gallons of
Liberty in it so I cannot weld the hole.

I assembled and installed the base cabinets (complete) for an Ikea kitchen (12' x 7'). This is my 27th Ikea kitchen install. Shoulda gone slower (paid by hr.), but can't. ;^)

Ground finally dried enough around the yard I could get to the part of the lawn around the large garden and mow it. Had the grandson help me weed in the small garden, We FINALLY got started hilling the taters.

This morning was totally awesome, I woke
up beside my sweetheart and got to lay a
big smooch on her. She then fed me the
usual(sausage eggs, toast and coffee). We
screwed around on here and youtube for a
little while, then finished up on some
paperwork. Called the insurance guy back
about a claim (damn cidiot). We hopped in
the trusty Ole pick-up and went to help a
friend out for a couple hrs, darn exhaust
hanger broke off the tailpipe(#9 wire and
it'll hold until it falls apart). I did
finally finish fixing my MF25 lift disc
today(only took a week). Just finished
barfique'n a couple porterhouse
steaks......gonna drill that into meself
along with a tater n sour cream. Might
even have a fuzzy pop for desert.

Not much! Sitting at home with broken leg. Not allowed any pressure on it for another 3 to 5 weeks. My FIL did come over and cut the grass
for me.

Leesee. Went to coffee club this morning. It let the dew get off 8 acres of hay I cut before it rained a couple of days ago. Then, I replaced a tire on the mower. SWMBO said it was flat on one side. It was. Then, I raked the hay, and came home' That piece is about 5 miles from here. I put some more twine in the baler and sprayed the chains down good, then checked the herd. I finally went back up to Madonna and rolled the hay up. It was just starting to spit some when I finished up, and I got home and got machinery put away before it started to rain. Typical day around here recently.....

Good forum page. Maybe Kim will add it.
Planted 4 8 foot container fruit trees, Misaba Cherry, Royal plum, Contender Peach and Honeycrisp apple. Made 8 stakes for them and cut a bunch of canvas strips. Tossed in a handful of rusty old Farmll bolts in each hole.

Sprayed 36 acres of beans. Finished I
hope. Son is side dressing Milo. Should
get done today. 55 acres. Getting ready to
get no-till drill out. Need to replant
about 3 acres. Then neighbor needs to
replant some also. So going to hook to
his tractor about 7 or so.

I cut today too, but supposed to rain sunday here. It should have been tedded today but had to get to the day job. I only cut a few acres as we are just getting rolling here and don't want any surprises.

(quoted from post at 15:28:22 06/25/15) I wanted to start a post where people can post their daily accomplishments, be it tractor related or not.

Today I went at clearing brush again, cleared 3 tree's, and got my ferguson stuck while grading. I forgot I had dumped an old rain barrel there, and the front wheel sunk up to the axle. Tree's behind me, I couldn't go backward or forward. I took my oliver over and put a lift strap around the axle and lifted it strait up, then filled some dirt, and put a 2"x6" under it. Of course then it wouldn't start, so I just tarped it right as it started to rain. Not sure how I'd have gotten it unstuck without the oliver, it's supposed to rain for the next 3 days strait.
quote]

Got 3 different irrigation lines going early this morning. I had to lay out one new line and install tall risers for the sweet corn. Then at 9 I headed out to do 3 mowing jobs....first one was 25 miles away. Turned out to be a bigger job than I first thought. Heavy weeds and sagebrush that hadn't been mowed in years, on a steep hill as well. Some of it was first gear with the 8' Bush Hog. Owner liked the outcome so well he turned me loose on another section he wasn't going to mow, so turned into a 4 hour job. Then I head another 15 miles away to do a 4 acre field, easy job, but lots of moles and their hills are hard since we haven't had rain in about a month. Very dirty and bouncy, and 93 degrees :(
I decided to stop at McDonalds for a cold drink and some food at 4, then headed towards home and cut an overgrown acre of alfalfa for a guy...then headed home and just had a cold beer and caught up on emails and phone calls. Still 2 1/2 hours of daylight, so I suppose I should go work in the veggie fields for awhile....Candle is getting short burning it at both ends

I tedded out the part of the hay that I raked yesterday evening that would have been in the shade part of the day today. I took care of the place where my 901 Ford diesel was sucking air which was causing it to die if slowed to an idle. Finished getting my baler ready. Sent my boss an email telling him how to run his business. Went out and raked the hay on two different pieces. Stopped for lunch for 45 mins. processed some emails from work. Went out and test ran the baler behind the shop, then out to the first field to bale. Baled two different places. picked 25 bales up off the ground for a customer that needed delivery. Took a call from my boss about the great new thing that he is doing that is supposed to make up for what he did wrong. Delivered the hay and shot the breeze with the customer while her hubby got ready to go out. She told me how old she thought I was and I told her that she was eight years low. Went home, had dinner then out to the shop and worked on my Datsun roadster for three hours.

Shuttled kids till lunch time, then went to lunch with my wife.
After that I walked what seemed like ten miles behind a grocery
cart to the tune of $350.
Then to the pharmacy to the tune of $250.
At least I had a nice lunch with my Wife!

Steve A W

Visited with the crop insurance agent this morn, finished spraying beans, then took a small load of dirt to dad's to fill and seed where a couple of stumps were ground out. The dirt was unloaded and leveled by hand. I'm so tired tonight I am half sick. Never used to be this way. (Sigh)

Feels like its been a long day but here is the condensed version. I cut a little hay, drove to the farm auction site to check
out the flax buncher I bought yesterday and then did some fence repair. Poor crop of hay but at least it was comfortable while
I was in the cab. Too hot and too many mosquitos to enjoy fencing much.
a194452.jpg

Not much. I finally got all the parts to put my AC M water pump together. I had to make a seal installer on my lathe. Sometimes sockets work for light pressing, but all were the wrong diameter. Stan

I ran to the seed dealer for 50 more bushels of beans and then finished the last of the bean
planting. It is supposed to rain tonight and they will all get a drink. It seems like it has been a real
scramble to get those 550 acres in with our wet spring. I parked the planter and jumped on the
combine to cut the seed wheat. It turned out to be LOTS of shriveled berries so I put it in a truck
and will sell it tomorrow. I jumped back in the planter and put beans on the seed wheat acres.
Then back to the combine. I got a couple of small fields done before I pinpointed the noise I had
been hearing since I started. It was the wobble box. It's not making it anymore, but that's because
the wobble box is in two pieces now. Looks like I know what I will be wrenching on at daybreak.

Took a semi load of equipment down to the Gilmore Museum for the big show starting tomorrow. Before I left home the neighbors dog had a bad case of mistaken identity and thought I was one of the bad guys and took a good bite on my leg. Stopped by the local ER and got a prescription for an antibiotic tonight. The Dr. said that they really take dog bites seriously. First time in my life I had a dog bite me. Fortunately he got a lot of his mouth full of my pant leg. Good thing I didn't have shorts on. I really thought we were friends but he sure started his day off ugly.
If anyone has the chance the tractor show at Hickory Corners, Michigan will not be a disappointment. Starts tomorrow and runs till Sunday afternoon. ( about 20 miles north east of Kalamazoo )

(quoted from post at 18:54:45 06/25/15)
Drove over 400 miles today and staying in Toronto then off to Dundas for a few days .

Larry --ont.

Dundas! I was raised near Dundas - Ancaster.

Nothing. I was sick all day; spent the day in bed or in the power recliner. Really feel weak today, so not over it yet.

started cementing the rock face on a block wall where a semi ran thru it, never done that before, but it seems a pia!and very time consuming, got rained out, , got back to the farm and installed new clutch linkage in one of the farm trucks, it helped some but still have binding someplace, reloaded the feed trailer by hand since the loader is broke too

Hmm. Greased the new fifth wheel on the semi first, fixed a tailight too. Then took truck parts back to Peoria. Got back home and checked on
the guys building the bin and hauled some stuff outta the yard for moms room addition. Got the mower out, mowed my yard and the neighbor
stopped by and shot the breeze till 5. Went to town fer a couple cold ones and picked up a pizza for supper.

got off work at the car dealership went home and put all the bars back on the new chains in the 851 New Holland baler. I will spend tonight torqueing them down, putting the main drive belt back on, making sure the chain tracks right, tension is set--getting her greased up and ready to go.

Hey Phil ,

I have a good buddy there with an old car collection and also 2 tractors . I visit him 2x a year and we also go to Hershy in the fall for a huge car show . That part of Ont . is very pretty , he lives overlooking the valley .

(quoted from post at 07:57:33 06/26/15)
Hey Phil ,

I have a good buddy there with an old car collection and also 2 tractors . I visit him 2x a year and we also go to Hershy in the fall for a huge car show . That part of Ont . is very pretty , he lives overlooking the valley .

We lived on Mohawk Rd, corner of Academy Dr. Left there 45 yrs ago - almost forgot how to spell it :) .

Glad this thread took off. Nice to have a place to share your accomplishments with, with people that understand, and even appreciate the work you did.

Today I've been stuck behind the computer. Hopefully i'll get a few min to get out and move some dirt in a bit, maybe clear the patio to make some space for a new table and chairs instead of firewood since it's warm enough now.

Stayed up late Wed night getting ready for night shift this weekend- wrenched in the barn trying not to wake the Boss, fixed the UTV starter and chased a lighting issue with the vineyard tractor. Finished the night off on Netflicks about 0400, can't pass up Red October... Slept till about 0900 and ran the starter from my Honda Civic to the starter repair place, got home and touched up some bare spots in the alfalfa field I had drilled this Spring- got a few partial passes that look like the drill just stopped putting seed down- I never ran the box out of seed, and it was always in the ground as far as I know- puzzling AND of course, right in front of the house, so SWMBO asks about it daily. Caught a cat nap before heading in to the neutron ranch for a quick half day of work (1800 to 0600 is only 12 hours, so a half day, right?). Showered and slept until about 11, then back to get the Honda starter (nothing wrong), reinstalled that and cleaned/checked every battery and ground cable on that car. Should be out putting a load of hay in the barn, but spitting rain here as we speak, plus 100% humidity, wife hosting pool party and I do leave for work again in an hour and a half, so let's check out YT.

tl;dr- synopsis, NOT MUCH

I wanted to finish clearing the back and leveling the dirt, and boy am I glad I did. Around 7pm last night the rain started coming, and it came down hard all night long. Continueing all day too, heavy thunderstorms. I keep getting alerts for flooding on my phone.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back