What does this control? (Ford 7000)

cmyoch

Can someone tell me what this foot button controls on the platform of a Ford 7000 Row Crop? It sits near the parking brake set lever near the seat.
mvphoto103541.jpg

That is the Diff Lock button.
Pull it up about 3 inches and rotate it 90 degrees. It will stay exposed.
When you get stuck or spin one rear wheel, you just mash that button down with your heal and the rear wheels lock together!
They unlock when you get out of the jam and the pressure releases.
You can see the mechanism if you look up from under the platform.
HTH
Keith

Its the rear end lock.. pull it up and turn it half a turn and it should then lock... and be about two inches high... then as your plowing, and a wheel begins to spin, but your heel on it, push down and hold.. and it will lock both wheel and make both wheels pull.... you can then take you heel off of it... and as long as your pulling under load, the rear end will stay lock and both wheel pulling hard... and then as the load decreases, it will only then unlock... This last is very important.. as when its locked, you can turn the steering but the tractor will just continue to go straight ahead and will not turn. SO>>>>> you must either raise the plow a bit, or throttle back a bit or push the clutch in a bit,, to unload the pressure for it to unlock>>>> before you try to turn.. If in deep soil or mud, sometimes you even have to stop, and back up one or two feet to get it to unlock. When your not plowing, pull up on the pedal, turn it half a turn, and it will drop down flush with the floor.

Perfect, thanks! I noticed that it was loose and thought it was disconnected from something. This all makes sense now.

CAUTION! Never puch the pedal down with one wheel spinning and the other standing, or nearly standing still. If this caution is not
used expensive things may and can happen.This is a mechenicel jaw type hook up,not a hydraulic clutch

Well, that was a question I was going to ask if this is done on the fly or if the machine needs to be stopped before engaging. Now I know.

Thanks!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back