What Model Massey Ferguson Tractor do I have

Aussie Perry

New User
G'day,
I have purchased a old Massey Ferguson Tractor. The seller told me that it was a MS 65. The Compliance Plate on the dash is worn and you are not able to read it. Please could somebody tell me if there is a way of finding out what model the Tractor is
mvphoto3886.jpg

Lookup the serial number looks like you can still see that on the plate. They are listed on this site.

G'day again,
Is this the serial number SNDY W611787. Please explain where I can find the model on this web site.
Cheers Perry

Go to the Massey Ferguson forums, there you can ask questions to Massey Ferguson experts. That is a mf-65 in the picture.

G'day,
So you can confirm that my Tractor is defiantly a 65 Model. Is that correct?
What I would like is a Service Manual. I need to know what oils to use. Where the grease nipples are that need attention etc.
Cheers Perry

Neat looking tractor. I would believe that it is a MF 65 as it is similar to a MF 165 that I once owned. Post a message asking for Brendon Warren, he is a Massey guy who posts on here often.

Looks a lot like the MF 65 sitting in my polebarn, except mine has a under the rear axle exhaust system. Mine's reputed to be a '62.

I second posting on the Massey board, called MH & MF in the pull-down menu next to the "Go" button at the top and bottom of the page. There are some other "Aussies" that may recognize what you have. It looks like a MF 65 sold in the states but I can't say about the variations offered 'down under'.
There is a column to the left of the page under "Research & Info" that says "Serial Numbers", click on it and go to the 65 and see if it matches. Remember that these are for stateside tractors and may or may not match yours.
I would highly suggest an Owner's Manual and maybe a repair manual.
As far as grease goes, start at the front and work your way to the rear, give a shot or two and move on, there's not much to it(the front axle pivot point is an easy one to miss).
I would run what oil the previous owner used so long as it's rated for diesel service. Many here use 15W40 or 30W again rated for diesel use. That's a fine looking tractor, good luck with it.

mvphoto3937.jpg

G'day,
Thank you for your reply.
I have been on Ebay( Aussie ) and found a MF 65 Manual OLD 20
MK 1&2. Do you recommend I purchase that?
Cheers Perry

G'day again,
I tried to send this yesterday but for some reason it would not send. I hope I am lucky this time.
You guys do not have a Roo jumping about in your yard.
Cheers Perry

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back