What's in the toolbox

Dieselmudder

New User
I was doing a little maintenance on the 54 Fordson Major this evening. And decided to clean out the frame mounted tool box, it had accumulated quite a bit of extra over the years. That got me to thinking, all these old tractors have similar boxes, with usually the same type of stuff in them. So I was wondering what's in your tool box, and why?

Wrench set from 3/8 to 1 1/4 a big hammer a
crescent wrench a pair of pliers and a couple screw
drivers several depth stops for a hydraulic cylinder
and some miscellaneous bolts and nuts and
washers and some hitch pins and Lynch pins

That brand new rope I bought for my rope-trip plow, and never used because I couldn't find it until a few years later. Don't even need it now.

Right now I've got a pair of pliers, two
adjustable wrenches, a half inch
combination wrench, a couple 3/4 inch
bolts, and miscellaneous lynch pins,
cotter pins, and hairpins. Need to find
an extra hammer to leave in there.

In my 8N there is a Ford plow wrench, couple of bolts, screw driver, pliers, 22 LR ammo in an old Skol can that came with the tractor nearly 30 years ago.

My M-H 50 has a small tool box in the left fender. Nothing in there because the bottom rusted out. Got a pair of pliers and a couple of screw drivers and a small adjustable wrench under the seat cushion.

cvphoto27941.jpg

Most of mine have a couple crescent wrenches, a roll or 2 of electrical tape, some form wire, maybe some lynch pins or nuts and bolts to serve as lynch pins (If I had a dollar for every lynch pin I've lost I could buy the whole family a good supper!) maybe a couple quick links for repairing chains, often a 4 in 1 screw driver, needle nose Vise Grips if I'm lucky, maybe some fuel hose or electrical wire for in the field repair.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back