Wiring a Raven eletric flow control valve for pasture spraye

Im building a pasture sprayer and have a Raven electric flow control valve but have no controller.I"m confused by only 2 wires out of it Yellow and Green. Can I control this valve with a centering 3 way switch? If so how would one wire it?

Thanks in advance Timok1

I Think you can do it with a simple on off switch.

One wire is hot and the other a ground.

If it is off the hose hook to a battery and try it, while watching the butterfly valve.

Otherwise I don"t know where it would get it"s ground without the third wire. If the body is grounded then yes it will work like you say with a 3 position switch unless it reverses the current flow to reverse the butterfly.

Guess I really don"t know for sure.

Gary

Thanks Gary . Can"t ground through the valve cause it"s plastic. So guess I"ll hook it up to 12 volt and see what happens.The 2 wire hookup baffled me. thankyou TimOk1

i think if you ground one wire and put hot to the other it"ll turn one way and if you switch the wires,or polarity, it"ll turn the other way.jim

Had a couple of Spray Coupes way back when; all the valves (as I recall, I hate this CRS) only used 2 wires and were controlled by on/off toggle switches.

Hook your two wires to the middle posts on a 3 Double pole double throw spring return switch. Then hook a 12VDC wire to one post on the one side and the ground right next to it. On the other end just reverse the wires from the other end. That way when you flip the switch it turns the valve, flip it the other way and the valve turns opposite (reversing polarity) Done this several times as I work on sprayers for a full time job.

Update

Got the switch that was recommended, hooked it up as suggested and "Houston, we have liftoff" Thanks to all that responded.

Ia Gary what part of Iowa ya from? Wife and I grew up near Nashua/Ionia. Families still there and hers still farming. My Mom sold the farm but still lives in the house Tim from the Rocking TJC

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back