Wooden wedge use required when installing pressure plate

Hello, my question do you have a answer...

"As shown in the pictures, the clutch fork does move and just kisses the fingers. I believe above only 50 thou of movement is needed on the fingers, so I should be good."

WTF do you mean by DAT...

"just 3/4" petal play is given"

That's for dumb arses that don't know how to properly adjust a clutch and never will.

You have a window their should be no mystery I told ya the release bearing should move the fingers around 3/8" to achieve full release. All in said and done once the release bearing makes contact with the fingers about all they will move them is 3/8"...

50 tho if you could put a .050 tho feeler gauge between the depressed clutch disc and pressure plate are flywheel that is considered adequate clearance to fully release the clutch

No matter is good enoufh for me. One way to eliminate issues like this is remove the flywheel assemble the clutch set to it and put it in a press. You can use the press to work the clutch and make sure it does its thang. I done hundreds if not thousands they all work much the same. There are a few like a Ford self adjusting pressure plate that will eat your lunch, setting them up before install is the only way to defeat some of them. Everyday is a new problem its in the cards. Sometimes it does matter you have to have all the information you can GET! down to the specific OEM measurements of the set.

Hobo has given you a this good link which shows the clutch linkage parts to concentrate on for problems. Concentrate in the pins.

You have said adjusting the linkage gives no change in movement of the throwout bearing. If the parts [u:37e6d3b4d0]outside[/u:37e6d3b4d0] of the case all move as they should and the center round shaft that goes into the case also moves , then I would be looking at the pin which holds the throwout fork on the round shaft inside the case to be sheared. I am basing this on the fact that you said operating the clutch, does not move the throwout bearing the needed distance to push on the pressure plate fingers.
Link don’t work. So I’ll try typing it. Thanks.

Says that link can’t be found.
Given this is a mid-2022 thread, from before the software change at the end of last year, that link in this thread is at least that old and likely older. Unfortunately, not everything tied back to all the old threads properly from that change. They did well to get all they did to come forward.

Link don’t work. So I’ll try typing it. Thanks.
Forum software has changed. Link went to likely one of these threads:

Yes thank you. That’s were I’m at trying to figure out where you measure and how much.
The 50 thou would be measured at the clutch plate to cover are flywheel when the pressure plate has been compressed. It only takes .050 clearance to completely release the plate from the friction surface. This has little to do with clutch pedal free play. Once installed on a N you cannot measure this once its put together but on other applications you can. Its the nature of the beast one you figure out before you install the clutch and button it up.

Folks miss sliding it together install two bolts in the bell housing adjust clutch and check for it to release. On a 8N make sure you put the left floor board back on, its the pedal stop.

The 50 thou would be measured at the clutch plate to cover are flywheel when the pressure plate has been compressed. It only takes .050 clearance to completely release the plate from the friction surface. This has little to do with clutch pedal free play. Once installed on a N you cannot measure this once its put together but on other applications you can. Its the nature of the beast one you figure out before you install the clutch and button it up.

Folks miss sliding it together install two bolts in the bell housing adjust clutch and check for it to release. On a 8N make sure you put the left floor board back on, its the pedal stop.
Thanks

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back