Ym1502D 3 point hitch lever won't stay put

Dahlilama-HT

New User
Ok, I am new to this forum and to small tractors. I can turn a wrench without a problem and used to operate a backhoe as one of my previous jobs. My question is basicslly in the title. I have a yanmar 1502D. I love this sucker so far. It seems to have developed an issue tho. The three point hitch works as it should except for the fact that where ever I put the lever it just moves back up and raises the implement. Shouldn't it stay where I put it? I looked at it for quite a while and can't seem to understand how this darn thing works mechanically. I was going to bolt a piece of angle steel to the lever and make it so it puts pressure along the guide rail but figured I am not fixing it properly. I also looked on google and some tractors have a friction ring....do I have that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thabks in advance. Also if you can help remember I don't know the terminology so please put it in Barney terms !!!!!!!!!

"If" your 1502 has a double nut shown as #41 in the 220 parts drawing then you should be able to loosen the lock nut, tighten the inner a bit and lock back. Can't see it from here so you will have to decide or post pictures of yours.

34251_e22c0543af27e50b745489c06bf43749.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back