Help with suitcase weights...

TheHillsAreAlive

New User
I need help with suitcase weights, I have the original 60 lbs suitcase weights that came on my 6600 new, but I'm wanting to upgrade to 100 lbs. Do the 100's fit on the original bracket? Pictures attached...I'm including the weight pic for reference also.

If the 100's work, how many fit on that bracket?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Attachments

• bracket.jpg
    bracket.jpg
    751.5 KB · Views: 17
  • ford100-2.png
    ford100-2.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 19
I need help with suitcase weights, I have the original 60 lbs suitcase weights that came on my 6600 new, but I'm wanting to upgrade to 100 lbs. Do the 100's fit on the original bracket? Pictures attached...I'm including the weight pic for reference also.

ten

Upvote 0

I have a set of 50?60? # weights that came with my 4600, and a set of 70# that came with my 7000. They fit the same size brackets. The 100# weights on a 9600 I used to have would hang on the 7000's bracket, but not nicely. They were sloppy loose, and tipped forward. The 9600's bracket was something like 1 1/2" taller.

Upvote 0
I have a set of 50?60? # weights that came with my 4600, and a set of 70# that came with my 7000. They fit the same size brackets. The 100# weights on a 9600 I used to have would hang on the 7000's bracket, but not nicely. They were sloppy loose, and tipped forward. The 9600's bracket was something like 1 1/2" taller.
When I couldn't find Ford original 100# weights, I considered aftermarket like Taylor Foundry. They sent over a bracket with 4 bolts in front only. The biggest difference between the bracket I have (picture attached) which is 4" wide, their weights require a bracket that's 6". I don't know if it's the same with the Ford 100# weights but sounds like it could be. Those are the baskets that look like a box.

Attachments

• fordweight.jpg
    fordweight.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 8
  • LS500_x79tslin.png
    LS500_x79tslin.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
When I couldn't find Ford original 100# weights, I considered aftermarket like Taylor Foundry. They sent over a bracket with 4 bolts in front only. The biggest difference between the bracket I have (picture attached) which is 4" wide, their weights require a bracket that's 6". I don't know if it's the same with the Ford 100# weights but sounds like it could be. Those are the baskets that look like a box.
Your 6600 bracket is identical to the one on my 7000.
I don't have the 9600 or 100# weights to measure... I traded it about 20 years ago. But the height difference would be similar.

Upvote 0
It's the same on my 7610 also. I have 10 x 75# on that one and 60# on the 6600. I'm hoping to be at or above 1000# for this particular project. Looks like I'll have to change brackets.

Thanks for your help Fordfarmer!

Upvote 0

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back