Recent content by billy bob horton

  1. B

    trading 1952 8n tractor

    I would like to do some trading ,I have a 1952 8n ford tractor rebuilt motor , looks good, new steering box, runs good. I would love to find and trade on a Massey 135 . don't mind if I have to work on it. it would have to be within this area . just putting it out.
  2. B

    steering box on my 8n tractor

    I suppose we all should get a FO - 4 manual and then we wouldnt have to help one another on the discussion board. thanks
  3. B

    steering box on my 8n tractor

    OK, on the steering box on my 8n ,I rebuilt the whole thing putting the gears back,,, In the front "square gear" is lined up center of the hole mentioned, The middle gear set on center, Where does the back or "half gear",,,, set on center ? I dont have a manual ,,, THANKS
  4. B

    setting the gear teeth up

    What is the right way to align the teeth up in the steering box on my 8n I have rebuilt all the way going back together and I'm having a little trouble aligning the teeth . seems like this could be difficult. Any help ?
  5. B

    shimming the steering box on 1952 8n

    how do you shim up the top lid on the steering gear box I have a full set of shims . how do you get the right play. I'm rebuilding the box new bearings,o-rings , races, upper and lower. but need to know the proper way to set the shim distance on the top plate.
  6. B

    steering box seals for 1952 8n

    I'm looking to purchase 2 each steering box seals can anyone tell me where i can get them.
  7. B

    steering box 1952 8n

    This is exactly what I needed sir. Thank you. Bill Horton
  8. B

    steering box 1952 8n

    Thanks this helps some. I really would like to have a description of # 18,11,10,9,16,19,37,and #14
  9. B

    steering box 1952 8n

    Would someone please send me a printable copy of the exploded view of a steering box on a 1952 ford 8n tractor. don't want to wait to order a manual . THANKS , BILL
  10. B

    removing the steering box on my 8n

    Thanks Bruce this is the kind of what I needed . just talk to someone who has done this before. Thanks. Bill
  11. B

    removing the steering box on my 8n

    got to be a way to know exactly which bolts need to be removed. I guess i'll buy a manual .
  12. B

    removing the steering box on my 8n

    the year i stated may be wrong, my tractor plainly states on the side of the block that it is a 8n c tractor. this is the one i have steering box trouble with.
  13. B

    removing the steering box on my 8n

    my steering just went out on my 1953 8n tractor will it come out without taking all the dash an a bunch of other stuff off. when i try to turn one way it the steering wheel tries to come up and then when i try to turn the other way ,it tries to turn just a little.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top