Recent content by DCrocker

  1. D

    850 gas hard starting when warm

    Turns out it was a weak spark. Put in new points and plugs, and made sure everything was bright and tight, and purrs like a kitten again.
  2. D

    Ford 3000 on Craiglist

    I"ve seen this posted for a while and the price has come down twice. Is it just priced too high for the market or are potential buyers seeing something glaringly wrong? Might drive over and check it out. http://maine.craigslist.org/grd/3819161284.html Untitled URL Link
  3. D

    double ring chains on 850

    Thanks for the feedback guys. I picked up the chains and put them on yesterday. I cleared about 16 inches of snow out of the dooryard and driveway, and even plowed the trail to my woodlot which is about 600 yards or so. No problems at all. It is really cold today, and the forecast calls for...
  4. D

    double ring chains on 850

    Here is a picture of the tractor with my current tire width.
  5. D

    double ring chains on 850

    Has anyone run double ring chains (like the ones on Tirechain.com) on an 850? I have access to a pair for a great price, but need to know if there are any clearance issues. The tires are 13.6X28's
  6. D

    Gator, Ranger or Mule

    I have a 2007 Ranger and use it extensively at my cabin for everything from hauling loads of firewood to dragging a spring tooth harrow when putting in foodplots in some spots on the other side of a bog too wet to cross with my tractor. I trailer it home in the winter and use it to keep my...
  7. D

    Ford 800 Fender bolts

    Thanks Glen. You just saved me a trip to the house before I head to the woodlot. Dan
  8. D

    Ford 800 Fender bolts

    Hi guys, I'm at work and don't have my parts book with me. Does anyone know the size of the bolts (diameter and length)used to attached the fenders to a Ford 850? I seem to recall they are carraige bolts, not hex head, is that correct? I need to pick some up on my way out of town today...
  9. D

    hours on proofmeter

    Thanks for the replies everyone. I pulled the cable off the old proofmeter, and reattached it; no change. I purchased a new proofmeter and hooked it up, everything is working fine now.
  10. D

    hours on proofmeter

    Thanks for the reply guys. I pulled the proofmeter and was able to get the hours to change using a small driver bit in a drill. I'll check the cable, but suspect it was not fully seated into the proofmeter. Dan
  11. D

    hours on proofmeter

    The hour meter on the proofmeter of a new to me Ford 850 hasn't moved since I got the tractor. The needle moves and seems to correspond to the engine rpm, but the hours haven't changed. I use the tractor for mostly light work at low rpm. Does the hour meter only move at higher rpms? It is a...
  12. D

    Ford 850 stalls

    Thanks Glen. Worked the tractor this morning. When it stalled, pulled a plug and had a good spark. In chasing the wiring back to make sure all connections were bright and tight, noticed the sediment bowl was almost empty of fuel and had just a slow drip of fuel going into the bowl. I drained...
  13. D

    Ford 850 stalls

    Hi guys. I have a 1955 Ford 850, 5 speed, 12 volt system. I worked it for about an hour grading my roads this morning with no problems. I shut it down for lunch, then went back to work. After about 5 minutes, it stalled. It didn't sputter or cough like it was starving for gas, just quit.It would...
  14. D

    loader on Ford 850

    Thanks guys. I checked this 1955 850 out the other night, and am bringing it home this morning. I couldn't see any markings on the loader, but I'll need to check more closely. It started right up, no major rust or apparent leaks, no welds, the 3 point and loader both worked and didn't creep...
  15. D

    loader on Ford 850

    This is a 1955 Ford 850. Can anyone identify the loader it has?
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top