Recent content by John Bouchard

  1. J

    Allis Chalmers G262 engine

    Which model Allis Chalmers uses a G 262 engine. I need a water pump for this engine which is in my Cockshutt 50 tractor.
  2. J

    Cockhutt 50 with Buda 262 engine

    My Cockhutt has a replacement motor, with a serial tag that is barely readable. It has 6-262 on it followed by a serial number. I need a replacement water pump for that engine. Where could I get a replacement. The water pump for the original 50 gas engine from Steiner is not correct. I don't...
  3. J

    mODEL 60 CLUTCH

    What is the problem with the clutch if it doesn't "snap" in place to engage. When I tighten more, it doesn't engage, less it just snaps out by the wt of the handle. The T bolts and toggles are new replacements. Is the problem with the sliding collar in the clutch?
  4. J

    2012 Gathering of the Green

    I can not be generous enough with accolades and admiration for all those who work together to put together this Gathering of the Green. I have been fortunate enough to attend all, and just when I think it could be no better, these people outdo themselves again. We in this hobby are fortunate to...
  5. J

    Cockshutt seller

    Anybody with experiences with buying tractors from Jim Harkness in southwest ontario canada? He advertises 100+ running tractors for sale in ICCI magazine. Appreciate any comments . thanks
  6. J

    jd propane tractors

    I'm in Maine, so Ohio is closer than Texas. Is it your intent to have this tractor running at time of sale? Would you have any photos? What work was done on the tractor, and why is your neighbor no longer interested in it?
  7. J

    Cockshutt tractors

    Is ther a cockshutt club or publication like for John Deere tractors, that I am more familiar with? Any source for reproduction parts, like battery box for a 20, rear wheels? I saw a few items in Steiner"s catalog.
  8. J

    530 clutch

    What keeps the clutch engaged? No matter how I try to adjust the clutch I can"t get it to stay engaged. If I tighten the nuts more it won"t engage. There is a snap when you disengage, but not when you engage. I cleaned all componants but its still not better. Are the springs on the pressure...
  9. J

    39 B clutch driving disk removal

    I agree with Josh B. I have done the same numerous times with good results. Keep the puller bar to use on the next one too.
  10. J

    720 fuel gauge

    Any thoughts on how to repair a fuel float in the tank for the fuel gauge? A replacement float is not available from JD.
  11. J

    720 power steering

    to robmd, I loosend the 4 bolts and tapped as you suggested. It did the trick thanks.
  12. J

    720 power steering

    When I recored my radiator, I took out the top valves of the steering that attach to the steering shaft,thinking it had to be out of the way to pull the radiator. I thought I put it back together the same way, but when I started the tractor the wheels went all the way to the left and no matter...
  13. J

    Gathering of the Green

    One of the best tractor outings I have done. I travel from Maine and haven"t missed one. When I'm back home afterwards I begin dreaming about the next. For the tractor buff, there are so many great seminars to participate in you can't do all. For the non tractor spouse, they also organize...
  14. J

    34 A no oil pressure

    The oil pump has new gears. Is there a vent hole in the oil body cannister? Hou can any pressure build up if this is not a closed system?
  15. J

    34 A no oil pressure

    I have a 34 A that I reassembled from parts. It had been completely disassembled by the prior owner. It has no oil pressure. In doing a diagnostic evaluation I unhooked the line that feeds into the oil line body ( where all the lines come out to go to their respective places) and put an air...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top