Recent content by Levi Keech

  1. L

    Field Work

    Still wet and cold in the middle of Iowa. Talkin rain today, thursday, friday and saturday. Got all the manure hauled, some old bales burnt, and some fence pulled. I don't know of any guys in the field yet. Some farmers up the road hooked up the field conditioner but then unhooked it, seeing...
  2. L

    follow up on that Massey Alt.

    well we don't want to spend anymore money on the stupid thing since there's about a grand in it already. So we went to Napa and are getting a tach to mount on the side of the dash that will run to the alternator. If we knew what we knew then, we would of had Ames Auto Electric redo it. And to...
  3. L

    OT - This is a Bean Cutter

    Ahh. Deere still can't hold a candle to the Cat Lexion's I heard that a big farmer in our area, I'm talkin 10,000 plus, demoed a 595R on tracks, took out 80 acres of beans in two hours with a forty foot head. You know, equipments getting bigger but evenually it has to stop, some farmers have...
  4. L

    Newer M-F question about alt.

    I don't know the model number, all I know is that deere had better not stop selling their toys and crap because they wouldn make it repairing actual equipment. Bob would agree with my uncle, the mechanic we talked to really didn know what to make of the thing. If thought that if I put a ballast...
  5. L

    Newer M-F question about alt.

    we have a 1992 M-F 3690 that had to have a new alternater put on it last fall when we were doing custom baling for customers. Well, since the tractor is canadian, it had a forgein alternator on it so we took it to the local Deere dealer where they put a Delco-Remy on it and converted it over...
  6. L

    Nortrac tractor

    has anyone ever heard of the Nortrac tractors? they are on the Northern tool site, it"s an 82 horse model. They store manager at the local JD dealer said that they are a throw away tractor. But that"s JD for you. Are they really worth $25,000?
  7. L

    Electrical on M-F

    Over the past few months we have had trouble with the lights on our M-F 1135. At first they would flicker then stay on, then they wouldn't turn on at all (which is a real pain when chores take an hour and a half and you only have 45 min. of daylite by the time you get home) well now they started...
  8. L

    Electrical on M-F

    Over the past few months we have had trouble with the lights on our M-F 1135. At first they would flicker then stay on, then they wouldn't turn on at all (which is a real pain when chores take an hour and a half and you only have 45 min. of daylite by the time you get home) well now they started...
  9. L

    1953 Super H

    No, I'd didn't have a tractor at the state fair, I took the thing through 4-H, which was a mistake and a half. Shoulda taken it with FFA so I could of taken to the fair. We have a 1950 M that I hope to restore this year or next. As far as you hearing my name somewhere, there's a lot of places...
  10. L

    1953 Super H

    Hi, Matt, I saw that you had restored a 300 and had taken it to the state fair, well I saw it, and looked at it for a long time- Because I have a 300 that my grandpa gave me. I restored it and took it to the story county fair. I got a blue on it. I read that you live in central Iowa, where? I...
  11. L

    O/T Just another reason I hate Deere's (and a MF sometimes)

    I get out to the farm today and my uncle's all ready there doing chores. I'm all happy cause I can go right to what I need to do, which is seal the crib so we can pick corn. We hook up the picker (which is a JD 300) to our older MF 1155 and try to get the electric elevator to run which takes an...
  12. L

    O/T Case 1680 combine, help please

    Ok, I know this is really off topic but we bought a 1990 Case 1680 that was delivered to us last year, used it in beans then switched it over to corn. Well, stupid me didn't check all the settings for beans, now instead of going 5.5 to mph it's going 3mph. And the grain scan monitor needle is...
  13. L

    We got Rain!

    Here in central Iowa, everything looks great, there for a while everybody's corn was startin to curl real bad but then we got about 2 inches and the corn exploded. We planted late and that saved us, about May 20th. I feel sorry for you guy's that aren't doin to well.
  14. L

    The ol' M

    Hello, boys, haven"t been on here in months, just been so busy. I did my eagle scout project all spring and summer, school was though the last few months, and on top of it all, I have the farm to worry about, so I just haven"t been on at all hardly. Anyway, back to the M, I went to start it...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top