Recent content by sven556

  1. S

    4020 Throttle Control Linkage adjustments

    So I have a 4020 diesel that does not seem to rev up to rated rpms. I think the issue is the throttle linkage. The service manual describes how to adjust things but how can I double check the rpms on the engine (I don't 100% trust the aftermarket tach)? The manual mentions a specific tool; but...
  2. S

    4020 tire sizes

    Thanks for the education. I didn't think 18.4-34 looked common when I was looking around the internet. Haven't stopped by any local tire shops yet but I'm sure that is where I will end up after I finish wearing out this set.
  3. S

    4020 tire sizes

    I have the standard 18.4 x 34 tires on my 4020 and they are showing their age. That size tire doesn't seem common or cheap. Are there any similar tires that will fit that are more common/cheaper? This tractor doesn't do any tillage work just a loader tractor. Thanks
  4. S

    jd 4020 synchro won't shift Into park

    Is there any way to check the spring without tearing down the transmission? ]l urethane
  5. S

    jd 4020 synchro won't shift Into park

    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look through the shifter and see how much wear/slop there is. Might replace bushings while I am there. Is there any way to check the spring on the bottom shaft?
  6. S

    jd 4020 synchro won't shift Into park

    This is a fairly new to me tractor. A 1965 John Deere 4020 diesel synchro range tractor. When I test drove it and drove it the 24 miles home I did not have any trouble shifting in any gear or back into park (8th gear was a bit hard to find). Now after having it home a few weeks and working on...
  7. S

    Tachometer repair

    I understand it is usually best left to the professionals but I believe this forum has a lot of people that enjoy doing things for themselves. Sometimes to save money and Sometimes for the enjoyment and knowledge it brings. I like to take things apart and get them working again!
  8. S

    Tachometer repair

    The tach/hour meter in my 4020 isn't working and I am looking at repairing or replacing it. Searching around this forum and the internet comes up with recommendations for shops to send it to for repair. My question is; has anyone attempted to repair one yourself? They don't seem terribly...
  9. S

    Electrical Connectors for JD 4020

    That's what I needed to know. Thank you.
  10. S

    Electrical Connectors for JD 4020

    I have a 4020 with some wiring issues. I want to work through each circuit and re-wire the whole thing. The circuits are pretty simple but I would like to use new connectors that will match with the existing sensors, lights, etc. Is there a good place to purchase these connectors and do they...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top