135 Rear PTO leak

jtxn

I've had my 135 for about two years. In that time I've replaced the pan gasket and injection pump. It used to be completely covered in oil and fuel.

I moved my drip pan to another vehicle for a few days and noticed a new spot on the floor. It looks like it's coming from the PTO shaft and dripping down onto the drawbar mount. If it is, is this a serious issue? Hydraulic level goes down slowly as is, due to a slow drip from the cotter pin near the clutch. It is definitely clear hydraulic oil.

The PTO area has always been oily and black since I purchased it. Most probable is that it has always been leaking, and the massive other leaks had my attention. I'm assuming any PTO seals require a tractor split and a massive amount of work?
mvphoto75573.png

mvphoto75574.png

mvphoto75575.png

The PTO seal can be replaced from the back end without a split. The leak you have up front is a d different story. The tractor will have to be split to replace the front transmission seal. The hole in the bottom of the housing is supposed to be there to let out any oil from the motor or transmission that leaks and keep it from getting on the clutch. Should have a loose cotter pin in it.

(quoted from post at 13:08:56 05/19/21) The PTO seal can be replaced from the back end without a split. The leak you have up front is a d different story. The tractor will have to be split to replace the front transmission seal. The hole in the bottom of the housing is supposed to be there to let out any oil from the motor or transmission that leaks and keep it from getting on the clutch. Should have a loose cotter pin in it.

Yes there is a cotter pin. I'm pretty sure it's not engine oil as my engine oil stays the same and the hydraulic drips lower over time.

Are these the parts I need?

195522M1 70923936 ORING
1860325M1 1077452M1 SEAL
195284M1 RETAINING RING

I've read elsewhere about a bearing, etc. I guess I can take a look at that once I get it out.

Oil leaking from either of the two weep holes at 6 o'clock...

6 speed Transmission......??

8 speed Transmission......??

Multi-power....?

No Multi-power.....?

3 cylinder Perkins Diesel.....?

Bob...

To be clear, I'm looking for help on the removal of the PTO shaft and the parts/bearings needed. After turning it by hand in pto neutral more oil is coming out at a steady a drip. I'll have to drain it to keep it all off the floor.

I fully understand the weephole/input shaft seal oil leak and that requires splitting.

1964 6 speed diesel.

This is a really good series on what has to happen to replace the front trans seals, there are two up there if you have a two stage clutch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF_u1DyZDpE

The rear PTO seal is pretty easy to replace, but involves draining all the trans fluid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_fJC0nNzA4
Look for water in the trans when you do this drain job. Make sure to buy replacement shifter boots up top as they are likely old and leaky (letting water into the gearbox). I just got done fixing the gearbox on a TO-35 that had a couple gallons of water and corroded bearings. Shifter boots are less than $2 each, easy to replace. I had two bearings in mine I replaced that were $95 each...

So I need the O ring AND the seal? And bearing only if it's bad? trying to figure out what to order. Here's the pictures from the service manual I have.

mvphoto75615.jpg

mvphoto75616.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back