1800 transmission pressure lube field package

As Im browsing through the parts catalog I come across a section that says Transmission pressure lube system( field package). Now I know that the first 1800s did not have pressure lubed transmissions.(the bearings where splash oil vs. later transmissions were pressured lubed bearings.) My question is was this ever an update from oliver as a kit to make the first non pressure lube transmissions into a pressure lubed system? Does anybody have this information or is this kit for something else?

The page I'm referring to is GROUP C - TRANSMISSION PRESSURE LUBE SYSTEM (FIELD PACKAGE) Page 67

and the package number is

157859AS Pressure Lubrication Package, Field Transmission (Outside Version) (Order 158290-AS) (S/N 90525 - 134683)

158290AS Pressure Lubrication Package, Field Transmission (Inside Version) (S/N 90525 - 134683)

The kit was to pressure lube the low range bushing in the low range imput gear. There was also a kit for the 880 tractors to do the same so yes Oliver did furnish it as a kit. I do have a set of instructions on how to install the kit. You can also help yoursel by always placing the transmission in the low range neutral gear when you let it run in neutral. Also those tractors had an oil level check plug for the transmission as well as the final drive because they were seperate compartments. Some would transfer oil from front to rear and a few the other way. Always check the oil level of those 2 compartments. I do have a set of instructions, need a copy? Send me an e-mail. J.

JS,

If you have the time, I would love a scanned copy of the kit info and how to install them. I have 6 of the 1800 A series.

Thanks so much

I realize this is a very old thread but I am working on an 1800b right now and not sure if it has been updated or not. Would like a copy of the field update emailed to me if possible, thanks.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back