1973 Oliver 1365 Transmission and Power Steering fluids

Buzzcat

New User
What are people using for a transmission fluid and a Power steering fluid in a 1973 Oliver 1365 4-wheel drive?

An operator and parts manuals came with the tractor.

It says (Universal Tractor Hydraulic-Transmission Fluid)and one mention of 20w40.

There is no mention of the type of Power steering fluid.

Talked to my local dealership, Case Hi Trans. and lost on a power steering fluid.

Thanks

I ran a 1355 oliver from new to 4000 hrs and then a 1365 fron 900 to 4000 hrs and always used T S C premium tractor hyd trans fluid in the
black bucket ,both in the trans and power steering.

I run regular hydraulic fluid in the transmission and ATF in the power steering in mine. We have a 1255FWA that simply uses hydraulic fluid for both. The power steering pumps and hydraulic pumps on these Fiats are the same, they just rotate opposite, so there is no reason (other than personal preference) to run something different in the power steering. Its cold in the winter by us, so I run ATF in the steering.

Thanks for the feedback
Assumed a premium Transmission oil and Hy Trans for the
back brakes(wet)was recommended.
Cold here in VT planning on pulling enough logs this winter for
a good size barn.
Do you use straight ATF in the power steering?
Mixing two products seems dicey?

Hello Mitchell
My name is Lawrie Webb
I was reading an old post where you had problems with pressure from your rear hydraulic auxiliaries but your rear 3 point was still operational, I have the same issue with a Fiat/UTB/Long based tractor.

I am unable to reply to your original post as ithe site replies that this post is to old, so I have been trying to find ways to contact you.

I have posted a topic today.
I thought you may be able to help.

Cheers
Lawrie Webb.

Lawrie, if your 3pt works fine, but you dont have pressure to your auxiliary hydraulic remotes, then you more than likely are missing a copper sealing washer in the auxiliary remote valve just under your left leg as you sit on the tractor. If someone has removed One or both of the hydraulic line to replace them and the washer fell out, these units will not build pressure. Start there first and confirm that the copper washers are installed correctly and seated.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back