1991 JD 4455 Tractor with 33 Hours Sold for $155,000 .

JD Seller

This is a true price. There is a video that Machinery Pete has on the history of this deal.

Talk about a good investment for the guy that just sold it. HE gave $58,000 for it and got $155,000 for it 18 years later.

The sad thing it this tractor is going to a BTO in MEXICO. The buyer says that they will beat the heck out of this tractor. So a one of a kind tractor is going to be abused south of the border.

That fact actually makes me a little mad. More like real mad. I bet that tractor would have brought more than that if it had been advertised better. I never heard of it until after it sold. I bet that there are US buyers that have had the means to have kept that tractor in the US and in pristine condition. Not going to get ruined by some illiterate beaner.
1991 JD 4455 Tractor with 33 Hours Sold for 155,000

He gained nearly 30% over those 22 years.

$58,000 in 91 is worth $98,000 today, so $155,000 aint too bad a return.

Thats why money is green. They keep it in the family. I agree, but it was too much money. Too bad its not valued for what it is, but just another piece in the machinery line.

Thinking about that a bit more, 30% gain spread over 20+ years, is only about 1.5% per year, Not really that great a return at all.

It still beats the markets though. Real Estate and Gold, or Deere,Cadillac, Cat, Verizon and Boeing will always be a wise investment.

Similar things will become common in the future as the World is being flooded with more and more US
Dollars that are becoming worth less all the time and those holding them will buy anything of value here to get something for them.Its the price US citizens will pay for living on easy street with
borrowed and 'printed' money.

I bought last year a 93 belarus 925 105 hp FWA ,800 org hrs,..paid $4000,-
I think i got a better deal :wink:

Buyers from Mexico came to the ADOT surplus equipment auctions with rolls of cash that would choke an ox. They would have a bunch of drivers and would tow one vehicle with another vehicle to get them back across the border. If it was construction equipment, ratty old semis would pull in and load - somehow I guess those old rigs made it back across the border.

I can't see the video on this particular computer now but if it is the same one I'm thinking of it was on tractor house about 2 months ago for $150,000. 4 wheel drive no duals I think 33.4 or .7 hours. even if its not its a shame that anything with that little of an amount of use is going to go to Mexico.

Chris

I think they call that "money laundering". I would imagine that anyone in Mexico with that kind of money has to be in the drug export business. An auction is a good place to get rid of all that money they're making. $155,000. would be a drop in the bucket to them. They must have enough guns so now they're buying tractors.

There should be zero tariffs on it either way if it was made in the US. Unless there's something about NAFTA that I'm missing. Doesn't really change the fact that they paid 155,000 for a 22 year old tractor.

I wonder if they will fix all the leaks that will appear from dried out seals and hoses or just use it till it runs out of whatever's leaking fastest and wreck it.

(quoted from post at 00:56:51 01/28/13) You did say you bought a belarus. [b:a2a0b53441] Not so sure you did get a better deal[/b:a2a0b53441].
ow's that?
You obviously don't know much about economics or tractors
$4000 versus $155.000,.. that leaves $151.000 i don't have to borrow and try to make back.
My other belarus is 35 yrs old and i put 15000 largely trouble free hours on it,i paid $5000 for it in 86 when it had about 1000 hrs on it.

JD is over rated, i will never own one. :roll:

Sometimes you wonder. I bought a 550 Oliver, (one of the last ones built in Charles City) that had under 90 hours on it. It had sat, in side, for 20+ years, never had had the oil changed, and by the time I got all the seals replaced that leaked, I realized that it was no longer orginal. I now have about 600 hours on it almost all from tractor rides(about 2,500 miles).

Yes you did get a lower price. I also have seen a Belarus 925 set for almost two years waiting for a gear in the transmission to be found. So I guess is you can wait that long you can "save" money.

For $151,000 dollars difference he can afford to let his Belarus set around for two years if he needs to. The guy that bought the JD only paid about $130,000 more than it was worth. But then some guys will pay $80,000 for a Corvette that I wouldn't pay $8,000 for. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back