4630 fwd, broken planetary cover.

benjimr

New User
Looking for subject ring gear I noticed that Yesterday's tractor offers a ring gear that the description says it replaces the Carrero. However the ring gear on my 4630 has a backing plate and 2 studs and 6 bolts that are integral to the backing plate. This plate with ring gear attached goes directly into the front hub. So, if I don't get an exact replacement and use a ring gear that slips inside the planetary cover and engages the planetary gear without being attached to the front hub will it work, or will it not work and potentially cause damage? Thanks very much . btw, 4 of those 6 bolts were sheared off, in consecutive order and the planetary cover has 2 holes ripped in the side, 1"x3" , and the rind gear has several teeth broken. The planetery gears, their shafts and the splined axle shaft and bearing looks ok. Not sure of the cause of this. The tractor only has 1300 hours on it and is in great shape otherwise. It was being operated on soft ground and not hard surface when it broke, no load in bucket.

I haven't looked at those particular hub parts in some time... but I'd suggest you go to NH parts online and get the actual part
numbers for everything in that hub, then use google. Search the part numbers and see what it turns up. Probably someone will
have them and give you some cross reference info. Perhaps this site has what you need. I don't know.
Beyond that, what I can tell you... if you have a broken carrier and a broken ring.... you've most likely got weakened planets
and a bad sun gear. If you neglect to change them and their respective needles and the hub bearings and seals... well you do so
at your peril. I've gotten away with not changing much stuff in those hubs if it just dropped a bolt head and I was moving
slowly not under much power... but when they shatter the carrier, the whole thing is pretty much toast. The risk is if there is
one bad tooth you could do it all over again a day later.
Essentially they crack up because that axle wasn't nearly enough to support that loader, particularly when a good amount of
torque is applied to it. I've lost count of how many times it's dropped bolt heads on my 3930.

Rod

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back