5040 Injector pump removal

mudcreek183

I have the cover plate off where the drive gear is first question are there any timing mark that have to be lined up before, I remove the pump, and second how does the gear come off the pump? TIA

If its the Fiat/Long engine like I think it is, no flywheel timing
needed. Use the pump flange mark/timing case marks for
reference. Drive shaft has a key for gear alignment. Remove
nut and washer, should be threaded holes in gear for a push
bar to remove shaft from the gear. DO NOT remove the gear!
Leave it in place and keep the teeth meshed with the driving
gear.

The gear may have it's own puller already installed. Once the front cover is removed you can tell. It will have a steel plate on the front of the gear held
with two bolts. Loosen those bolts a couple turns each. Break the center nut loose next and back it out until it contacts the plate. Continue backing it off
and it will pop the gear off the pump shaft.

Before you do all that take some brake cleaner and clean the oil off the gears where they mesh. Then take a paint stick and mark a spot where both gears meet.
Something you can recognize later to confirm the two gears stay in mesh. The gear WILL come out through the hole if you're not careful. Always mark the gears
first, then remove the pump.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back