'52 cub head gasket issues

Felpro is junk??? Opinion?? We have used many , many felpro head gaskets, never had a failure, or an issue. Used on cubs , A , B, Ford N series. I guess 25 + good gaskets either makes us really lucky or really good. You pick.

Fel pro are fine ,used them on all my Farmall C , do the the proper preparations and you will be fine . Call their tech center if you have any
questions about installation for best results .

The head and blocks need to be measured for flatness .

Cant emphasize that you have to do the prep work with any head gasket

Good luck

When you check the block for
flatness be sure to drag your
straight edge across the bolt holes
and outer edges to see if you have
raised metal there. If you do lay a
flat file on top and using just
your fingertips rub it down.

Ah i have a lot of years in engine building here like a 61 years worth and i have had nothing but problems with FEL PRO . when your working on a customer's chunk of iron it's on his dime and when you have a problem and it comes back it is NOW ON YOUR DIME . Not only can i BUILD and engine from bare block both gas and diesel i can also do the machine work . we use to do a ton of head work . we were set up for that and could reface heads . For line bore and engine cylinder bore and block decking countor bores that went up to my friends place as he was set up to do up to a V 16 diesel and had the newest equipment this side of the big Creek. . When you went theu the whole deal of machine work and everything was within .00002 and you put it all back together and pull the head down and first fire it up and ya got compression and water coming out between the gskt and you waist time doing thisover and over three times with the same results the Gskt is JUNK and you get in a Victor gskt and you do everything the same way you have done a hundred times before and you fire it up and oh you now have no leaks my buddy had the same problem on his 350 Chebby build with FELPRO head gskt. . Now i know my torque wrench is dead on + or _ 3-5% and mine did not come from harbor Freight for 39.95 ya had best add a 2 in ft. and goes in to be checked now that i am semi retired once every three years now . along with my 3/8th drive and my 3/4 drive . and on the C 221 thru the C 301's i don't care if ya pull them down to the diesel spec.'s they are going to leak out the left side . Don't car how many CANS of Copper coat ya use either . Had problems years back with after market Cummins head gskts . they are loads of fun to change and it is somuch fun pulling 350 Ft Lbs while standing on a steering tire and frame . You Play around with Cubs fine but your not and expert yet . With me i am still leaning But i do have the Master tech cert. from Chrysler and Ford with gas and diesel . Yes i even had a Cubby way back and have bought and sold a few . I was more into the Bigger stuff and while i had the shop open and doing the buy sell jockey thing every week no less then 3 large frames were coming in they may have been three or four 706' and other weeks there might be two semi loads on up to the 86 series . So each one had and issue and each one left ready to go to the field and depending on what was needed some left with a three year 100% warranty on the work . You good enough to put a warranty ??

its obvious u have never replaced a head gasket on the 282, dont take much to seal a tonka toy. you could make that gasket out of a corn flakes box.

i know exactly what the post is and felpro . u said u have no problems ,... well i said the problem will show up on the diesel. same as tractor vet said. i see u did not question him.

Kev, you should know by now no matter what you say or do, youre always wrong, and the experts are always right and TV is going to type about everything EXCEPT the subject.

I know what you mean. Like when someone gets their butt handed to them in an argument and cries to the site admin to remove the post when they could have passed it on by. Some people are such babies

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back