580 b rear tires/ tubes?

Hi all,
I've got new tires for my 580b rear ( no tubes with them)and fronts( have tubes with them)
My question is to put tubes in rear( advantage or disadvantage?)
Thanks Matt

If you really enjoy changing tires put them on tubeless. If not get the tubes. From my experience they will leak eventually and
you will be after tubes. Rims are most likely 50 years old and have seen abuse. Tire guy once told me a tube will add about 1 more
ply of protection.

(quoted from post at 10:16:29 03/09/23) If you really enjoy changing tires put them on tubeless. If not get the tubes. From my experience they will leak eventually and
you will be after tubes. Rims are most likely 50 years old and have seen abuse. Tire guy once told me a tube will add about 1 more
ply of protection.
So if the tube gets a hole in it or valve stem you still need to remove it to have it fixed correct? Once you put tubes in a tire there's no way to use it tubeless without fixing the tube correct?

You could go back to tubeless, but you would need to break the bead, pull the tube, and replace the stem.

(quoted from post at 10:54:13 03/09/23) You could go back to tubeless, but you would need to break the bead, pull the tube, and replace the stem.
Rear tires say tubeless,fronts say tube(luckily rears dont seam to be filled for weight)

(quoted from post at 08:24:22 03/13/23)
(quoted from post at 10:54:13 03/09/23) You could go back to tubeless, but you would need to break the bead, pull the tube, and replace the stem.
Rear tires say tubeless,fronts say tube(luckily rears dont seam to be filled for weight)

Do the rear tires have tubes in them now or are they truly mounted tubeless? Just because it says tubeless on a tire, doesn't mean it was not mounted with a tube. If the rim has a problem, tire has been patched or casing is porous are some reasons tubeless tires get mounted with tubes. If they are truly mounted tubeless now, they will probably be fine mounted tubeless again. If they have tubes in them now, you should try to determine why.

(quoted from post at 06:59:03 03/13/23)

Do the rear tires have tubes in them now or are they truly mounted tubeless? Just because it says tubeless on a tire, doesn't mean it was not mounted with a tube. If the rim has a problem, tire has been patched or casing is porous are some reasons tubeless tires get mounted with tubes. If they are truly mounted tubeless now, they will probably be fine mounted tubeless again. If they have tubes in them now, you should try to determine why.
I'm not certain if they have tubes in rears( how can I be certain other than waiting to hear from place that I need to order tubes) I'd rather order and get them ahead of needing tubes if there currently using tubes?

(quoted from post at 10:06:03 03/13/23)
(quoted from post at 06:59:03 03/13/23)

I'm not certain if they have tubes in rears( how can I be certain other than waiting to hear from place that I need to order tubes) I'd rather order and get them ahead of needing tubes if there currently using tubes?

As a general rule, a tubeless stem will have a thin metal hex nut clamping it in the rim. The stem of a tube generally has a nylon or plastic nut, often round (not hex), holding the tube stem in the hole. If it doesn't have either it is likely a tube. Post pictures if you aren't sure and someone may confirm them for you.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back