Tk69

New User
Hello everyone, new to the equipment owning. I have recently
purchased a Case 580B backhoe. Yes she a oldie but its is
pretty good shape. I was wanting to add a hoe ram/breaker
hammer to it. Has anyone done this on an old 580B? I was
wondering if I needed to add a different pump or is the one on
the 580B big enough to handle the add on? Also does
anyone know if there is a aftermarket kit out there for this?
What function would I tee into to use the hammer? Last but
not least is there any drawing out there that shows how to add
this function. Thank everyone here.

This isn't going to be a great help to you but here goes. A hydraulic breaker will have a flow and pressure requirement, which will vary with the breaker. So maybe your pump will work and maybe not (I'd lean towards not). You should have it fully flow and pressure tested to see what you have.

The dealers selling the breakers will have or should be able to assemble the parts needed(a kit if you will). A reputable dealer will also supply the "drawing" and manuals as well as do a proper installation.

You will need to tap into the main circuit for supply, not another function.

I don't know how much you have been around or used breakers but I would say you can plan on your 580 hoe self destructing bushings and pin bosses if you do this, or you will have gotten a breaker too small to do much. I would not do it. Do you have a continual use for this or just a one time use. It may be more cost effective to rent a machine (TLB, skidsteer, Mini or mid size excavator) with one already on it. I would be looking at a new breaker, not used, as by nature of what they do, they are high maintenance. Just my thoughts, others will vary. Good luck.

Thank you for the recommendation and advice. I have one job to do at my farm with it and Im done with breaker. It will take me a week of use. I have the old 580B and a Allied breaker already just never used the breaker. It was a family loaner which was used on a JD 310D a few years back. So I have that much of the puzzle. With you response looks like I will need to get specs on both. The breaker and the backhoe. The breaker has sticker that states 2200 psi max. I wasnt sure if there was a hydraulic kit out there on aftermarket to plumb in aux function for breaker hammer.

If your machine has an extending dipper you are 1/2 way there, if not a change over valve is need to power the breaker, come back on the extending dipper.
AJ

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back