limi2743

New User
Looking for manual for Allis Chalmers Golf cart
Label shows Serial No 6661 Model GC-G
from Allis Chalmers Sport Division

It was my great-grandpa's and I would like to restore
Has 8hp Kohler

Any help would be appreciated

I'm just a geezer with some time on his hands. I did a few internet searches and found the the early Allis Chalmers golf carts were made by
American Continental. Another post indicated that American Continental switched from a 7 hp Kohler to an 8 hp Kohler in 1966.

cvphoto156139.png

Most of the posts I saw were in Allis Chalmers forums or Simplicity (who made AC garden tractors) forums. I found a YouTube video titled:

American Continental GC-G golf cart 'vintage' posted by Bryan Haugen about ten years ago.

Another post showed some history of American Continental:

American Continental was based in Willmar, Minnesota as the serial number sticker on my cart indicates. The Kandiyohi County Historical Society has 2 pictures of the carts but no other info. I was able to copy partial documentation of repair manuals at Eagle Creek Golf Course in Willmar. It had assembly views and wiring schematics of most critical areas.
American Continental was purchased by Hanson Silo Company in 1985. That grew into ShuttleCraft USA and was sold to Sioux Steel in 1990 according to a Hanson Silo Co. document. A Google search indicates ShuttleCraft USA is listed as having been in Esterville, IA.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back