B rear axle removal

300 dave

Greetings I have aB, 39 or 40 I'm told. I want to pull the entire rear axle off to use as a log arch. Can I do this? Will the axles stay in place or simply slide out of the castings? Any thought on this are welcome. thanks n advance

The axles don't come out that easy. There is a nut that holds the bull gear onto the axle that has to be taken off and then the axle has to be driven out. The dust shield on the outside end and the bull gears usually is what holds it after the nut is gone. You will need to drive a wedge between the bull gears to push them out.

perhaps I said it wrong. I ant to use the whole rear end assembly, axles,gear box etc. With engine, steering collume, drawbar, etc removed, would this work? or will the axles bind up or move around? I have never had one apart.

It will stay together but will not be able to lube the bearings. Also the casting will be weak without being supported. I once had one from a A parting out get away and roll down a hill. Hit a tree and easily snapped in half !

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back