battery operated chain saw

This one seemed to slip past the 30 day mark I thought they set. I must have not understood what they meant. Maybe that was just in tt but this is an example of what catches me too because it’s in the new posts I was reading down without checking the date like a good boy to see if they had a makita posted since mine works good enough to take care of my trees and then saw the posts so between April and yesterday 9 months.
My understanding is that the 30 day lock applies in Tractor Tales (Off Topic) only at this time. This is about a Battery powered chainsaw in Tool Talk so it does not apply. Off Topic threads/posts in the other forums will not be locked at this time due to the issue of software being able to identify off topic vs on topic.

My understanding is that the 30 day lock applies in Tractor Tales (Off Topic) only at this time. This is about a Battery powered chainsaw in Tool Talk so it does not apply. Off Topic threads/posts in the other forums will not be locked at this time due to the issue of software being able to identify off topic vs on topic.
ok that makes sense thank you!

I got a little Ryobi to carry on the tractor for clearing an occasional overhanging tree limb. Wouldn’t want to clear a whole fence line with it.

ok that makes sense thank you!
It was a management decision. Supposed to cut down on repetitive threads. People can just dredge up a 5 year old thread and reply "I'm having the same problem, can someone help me with blah blah blah?"

In my experience it never works well. You're better off starting a new thread even if the subject has been discussed 10,000 times. Why? Because people don't pay attention to the thread date. They throw their two cents in on the original post, and completely miss that it's 9 months or 5 years or however old. They completely miss the "me too" post at the bottom, so that person's question never gets answered. Most forums will lock all threads after a certain amount of time, to cut down on the confusion.

That said, the biggest problem right now is the "Similar Threads" list at the bottom of the page. For some reason, folks seem to think they're obligated to click on the posts in that list. Once they've opened the post, they seem to think they're obligated to offer their two cents.

It was a management decision. Supposed to cut down on repetitive threads. People can just dredge up a 5 year old thread and reply "I'm having the same problem, can someone help me with blah blah blah?"

In my experience it never works well. You're better off starting a new thread even if the subject has been discussed 10,000 times. Why? Because people don't pay attention to the thread date. They throw their two cents in on the original post, and completely miss that it's 9 months or 5 years or however old. They completely miss the "me too" post at the bottom, so that person's question never gets answered. Most forums will lock all threads after a certain amount of time, to cut down on the confusion.

That said, the biggest problem right now is the "Similar Threads" list at the bottom of the page. For some reason, folks seem to think they're obligated to click on the posts in that list. Once they've opened the post, they seem to think they're obligated to offer their two cents.
Yes it should say similar old threads! And be locked read only in my opinion

Bill that would be a good thing too. Diesels just give so few problems with such little maintenance. Gas engines and electric stuff is always needing something plug cleaned gaped carb work and all the nonsense that goes with it.
Are you familiar with Tier III and Tier IV emission diesels ? Being so low cost and low maintenance .

Yes it should say similar old threads! And be locked read only in my opinion
I can see that what is happening here is that new people are looking for help with a problem, so as on any other forum they first enter a search. I do that. They then see something that looks like it could help so they put a message in probably without even looking at dates. You have to remember that right after the overhaul a lot of new people came in. YT suddenly was in the real present day world.

I can see that what is happening here is that new people are looking for help with a problem, so as on any other forum they first enter a search. I do that. They then see something that looks like it could help so they put a message in probably without even looking at dates. You have to remember that right after the overhaul a lot of new people came in. YT suddenly was in the real present day world.
Chase the post dates back. It wasn't a new member that revived this one. And many of the other old threads getting revived are not being revived by new members.

Are you familiar with Tier III and Tier IV emission diesels ? Being so low cost and low maintenance .
Yeah, can't tell you how much of that emission crap I have replaced on my pickup. I think if they mandate it they should support it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back