Can you get a real garden tractor now days?

Rkh

I have a simplicity landlord 2110 with mower, snowblower, garden plow, snow plow, and tiller. Can you get the same tractor today that has 4 wheel drive with the same attachments(I know it would be expensive)?

Simplicity no longer makes a tractor style. I know John Deere has the X700 series garden tractors available with similar attachments, and yes they are expensive! I'm not sure what other manufacturers still offer a garden tractor since most just offer a zero turn or a compact tractor.

I have a simplicity landlord 2110 with mower, snowblower, garden plow, snow plow, and tiller. Can you get the same tractor today that has 4 wheel drive with the same attachments(I know it would be expensive)?

No

What a garden tractor with 10hp B&S could do in 1968 takes 30hp to do the same today.

20 years ago reliably teams met every day to design lawn tractors to last three years to stay in business.
cradle to grave 3 years these days
check me out on average the owners of garden tractors don’t use them any longer either.

Years ago when the city needed a garden tractor, we bought a 655 JD. It is still doing the job. It pulls a gang mower in the parks and baseball field, runs a rototiller, 60" belly lawn mower and a 4' brush hog. Powers a brush chipper, sprayer and fertilizer spreader. It has a loader on, full time....James

under 50 hp , garden compact depends on how your going to use it .
if your in the market for small compact garden tractor take a look and look at what availability. Link to Messicks mentions some trends as they see it

Deere, Kubota and a handfull of other foreign manufacturers make them. They cost about as much as a good car. Maybe more.

No

What a garden tractor with 10hp B&S could do in 1968 takes 30hp to do the same today.
Not necessarily. A vintage garden tractor with 10 or 12 hp could power at most a 48" deck and would creep through tall grass. I know because for years I mowed our 5 acre yard with a 1974 Deere 212 with 47" deck and it was very slow going. My modern sub-compact (basically a big garden tractor) with 23 hp runs a 60" deck and mows as fast as you can stay in the seat. Double the power but half the time to do the same work.

Sealed/not serviceable, and parts discontinued/not available after a couple years on most components (depending on brand)
I have two old JDs
One is a JD 275 with a hydro trans. It holds a gallon of fluid, It has a oil drain, oil filter and fill plug. It has a 30 inch tiller and a 48 inch mower.
The JD LX188 has serviceable trannys. . Both are very old. Both have a kawasaki 17 hp engine.

I would buy another used JD 275 if I could find one and repair ti if needed.

Deere, Kubota and a handfull of other foreign manufacturers make them. They cost about as much as a good car. Maybe more.
I could buy 2 L3560 kubotas with loaders for what I paid for my last car.
You could buy 3 BX kubotas with many attachments for the price of 2 L3560s.

Last edited:
My old JD 285 with over 2200 hrs was about wore out - I bought a Steiner 440 [used 100 hrs] to replace it. Mostly 'cause it will pull my Eastonmade splitter anywhere it has to go. 4 wd, it came with a 5' front mower, a front blade [power angle] and what they call a 'slip scoop' a smallish front bucket that's been pretty handy. At 73 this is my 'forever tractor' - All my life I always had someone else's wore out machine. I actually like mowing lawn again.
142451052_263700761770480_8879680878047546347_o.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back